Resources & Services
BGSU Cares is community in which everyone is noticeably connected by a sense of duty to each other’s wellbeing and the creation of an inclusive culture. This duty is manifested by the members of our community having the knowledge and skills to respectfully intervene with each other in times of need as well as the awareness to recognize when another is in need.
No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any educational programs or activity receiving federal financial assistance. – From the preamble to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
Relax or Study in the Center Lounge
Our lounge, located in 278 Hayes Hall, is open Monday-Friday from 9:00a-5:00p. Falcons can grab a warm beverage, a snack, and unwind with an activity from our craft cart! We offer a library of feminist literature and a safe space to relax, do homework, or just take a break from your day.
Use the Wellness Room
This room (Hayes 261) can be used as a lactation space or as a dedicated space to simply breathe, relax, and recharge with no agenda. Wellness rooms are also located in 410 Education Building, 309 University Hall, 162 Huntington Building, 105 Central Services, 102 Health and Human Services, and 354 Maurer Center. For a map of lactation/wellness rooms on campus, please visit the interactive campus map.
Reserve the Center Conference Room
Reserve our conference room located in Hayes Hall room 203. We’d love to host your women or gender equity meeting, class, or event!
Survivor Emergency Fund
· Providing financial assistance to those who have experienced power-based personal violence;
· Assisting recipients in their path to become more financially independent; and
· Utilizing the fund as a way to build supportive relationships with those victimized.
Who Can Receive This Service
The main recipients of this service will be BGSU community members who have expressed a need for financial support or have been referred to the CWGE. These referred clients must be connected to the BGSU community. For example, these referrals can be provided by the BGSU Counseling Center, the Office of the Dean of Students, the Office of Title IX, The Cocoon, or other BGSU / Bowling Green City resources.
For more information, please contact the CWGE at (419) 372-7227 or email@example.com.
Partnerships, Services, Programs:
- Confidential Advocate through Partnership with The Cocoon
- Immediate Support/Crisis Intervention
- Safety Planning
- Medical and Legal Advocacy
- University Reporting Procedures Advocacy
- Tutoring and Assistance with Academic Accommodations
- Partnerships with Title IX
- Assistance with Housing Accommodations
- Counseling Resources and Survivor Support Group
- Educational Programs for Students, Faculty and Staff
- Green Dot
- Survivor Emergency Fund
- Conferences, Lectures, & Events
- Sexual Health Access in BG
Updated: 08/16/2023 03:20PM