Before proceeding to the log in for the appeals process, please review the following list of invalid reasons for requesting an appeal.
Unsuccessful Reasons Include:
- I was late for business, or a personal appointment.
- The lot was full, there was no place else to park.
- I was only parked for a few minutes.
- Nobody else around me got a ticket.
- The violation has not been enforced in the past.
- I've done it for years.
- I did not see the citaiton on my vehicle.
- I was told by "someone" that I could.
Frequently Asked Questions
All appeals must be submitted on-line within 10 calendar days of the date the citation was issued.
All student appeals are forwarded to the Undergraduate Student Government.
All Faculty/Staff and Visitor appeals are handled by an appeals committee. Depending on the severity of the violation the committee could include: Public Services Coordinators, Parking Services Management and Public Safety Management.
Appeal results will be delivered via email you provided in the appeal. Results can also be viewed by Students, Faculty & Staff when logged into their personal MyBGSU Portal under Manage Parking Account.