The Oaks Dining Center
The Oaks Dining Center is ranked by U.S. Green Building Council as LEED Gold Certified!
The Oaks Dining Center received the LEED Gold certification with 61/110 points! These points are earned by incorporating sustainable features during the design and construction process. Below is an overview of the scoring through LEED certification.
- Green Roof with herbs, live roof panel system, and storm water reclamation system
- Kiosk explaining green designs
- Employee shower facilities
- Bike racks, etc. to promote commuter alternatives
- Glass exposures for natural light
- Thermal comfort design
- Site preparation used demolished building recycled materials for fill
- Construction waste recycled at 75%
- Materials used are low emitting – sealants, adhesives, paints and Floorings
- All materials used were purchased within a 500 mile radius.
- Recycled materials used
- Materials used are 20% recycled.
- Flooring materials are recycled products
- Bamboo flooring – renewable resource
- Ohio barn wood utilized in flooring, millwork, and wall treatments
- Enhanced refrigeration equipment
- Alternative transportation for fuel-efficient delivery vehicle
- Water conservation
- Water reduction of 35%
- Storm water reclamation for gray water use in restroom fixtures
- Storm water reclamation for all landscape irrigation
- Pulper for garbage processing
- Trayless dining to save on waste
Updated: 10/27/2023 12:13PM