Research & Selected Publications
Ph.D., Purdue University. Professor; Bayesian analysis, statistical computing and graphics, contingency tables, exploratory data analysis, statistics education, analysis of sports data.
- 2017 Handbook of Statistics in Sports, CRC, edited volume with Mark Glickman, Ruud Koning, and Tim Swartz (To be published in January 2017)
- 2017 Situational Data, Clutch Hitting, and Streakiness, Handbook on Statistics in Sports, Chapman and Hall.
- 2017 Handbook of Statistics in Sports, CRC, edited volume with Mark Glickman, Ruud Koning, and Tim Swartz (To be published in January 2017)
- 2017 Anthology of Statistics in Sports II, Oxford University Press (edited volume with Jay Bennett and James Cochran)
- 2016 An Undergraduate Program in Data Science (with Maria Rizzo), Proceedings of the Meeting of the American Statistical Association.
- 2016 Improved Component Predictions of Batting and Pitching Measures, Journal of Quantitative Analysis of Sports , 12, 2.
- 2013 Analysis of Baseball Data Using R (with Max Marchi), CRC
- 2011 R by Example (with Maria Rizzo), Springer
Ph.D., Pure Mathematics, Kent State University. Professor; Functional analysis, function theory, operator theory.
- Title: Algebrable sets of hypercyclic vectors for convolution operators.
Author(s): J. Bes, and D. Papathanasiou.
Journal: Israel J. Math., to appear.
- Title: Hypercyclic algebras for convolution operators of unimodular constant term.
Author(s): J. Bes, R. Ernst and A. Prieto.
Journal: J. Math. Anal. Appl. 483 (2020) 123595.
- Title: Strong transitive properties of operators.
Author(s): J. Bes, A. Peris, Y. Puig de Dios and Q. l\lenet.
Journal: J. Differential Equations 266 (2019), 1313-1337.
- Title: Hypercyclic algebras for convolution and composition operators.
Author(s): J. Bes, A. Conejero and D. Papathanasiau.
Journal: J. Funct. Anal. 274 (2018) 2884-2905.
- Title: Recurrence properties of hypercyclic operators.
Author(s): J. Bes, A. Peris, Y. Puig de Dios and Q. Menet.
Journal: Mathematische Annalen 336(1) (2016) 545-572.
Ph.D., University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. Professor; Functional analysis, function theory, operator theory.
- A constructive approach to the universality criterion for semigroups, (with Walmsley), Math Proceedings of the Royal Irish Academy, Volume 119A (1) (2019), 27-55.
- Hypercyclic shift factorizations for unilateral weighted backward shift operators, (with Sanders), Journal of Operator Theory, Volume 80 (2018), 349-374.
- Simultaneous chaotic extension for general operators on a Hilbert subspace, (with Pinheiro), Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Volume 448 (2017), 937-967.
- Dual hypercyclic extension for an operator on a Hilbert subspace, (with Kadel), Houston Journal of Mathematics, Volume 41 (2015), 1221- 1256.
- Cyclicity of vectors with orbital limit points for backward shifts, (with Seceleanu), Integral Equations and Operator Theory, Volume 78 (2014), 225 - 232.
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison. Professor; Finite mixture models, statistical genetics, analysis of transformed data, empirical likelihood methods.
- Estimating the proportion of true null hypotheses in multiple testing problems (with Oyeniran, 2016), Journal of Probability and Statistics, Volume 2016: 1-7 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/3937056).
- Empirical likelihood confidence regions in QVF measurement error models (with Shifa and Wu, 2015), Journal of Probability and Statistical Science, Volume 13: 25-34.
- Regression analysis under complex probability sampling designs in presence of many zero-value responses (with Paneru, 2014), Advances and Applications in Statistics, Volume 40: 1-29.
- Empirical likelihood ratio test for difference of the means of zero-inflated populations (with Pailden, 2013), Advances and Applications in Statistics, Volume 35: 29-55.
- Estimating the proportion of true null hypotheses in nonparametric exponential mixture model with application to the leukemia gene expression data (with Zhao, Wu, and Zhang, 2012), Communication in Statistics – Simulation and Computation, Volume 41: 1580-1592.
Ph.D., University of Sydney, Australia. Professor; Statistical inference in biostatistics, step-wise multiple comparisons, probability inequalities, multivariate analysis, statistical consulting.
- Chen J. T. (2016) A Nonparametric Coherent Confidence Procedure, published in Communications in Statistics. Theory and Methods, Vol 45, No. 11, 3397-3409.
- Kerns L. and Chen J. T. (2016) A note on range regression analysis, published in Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, Vol. 11, No. 2, 19-27.
- Kerns L. and Chen J. T. (2016) Simultaneous confidence bands for restricted logistic regression models, accepted to published in Journal of Applied Statistics, early published online at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02664763.2016.1238056.
- Chen J. T. (2015) Inequalities, EBSCO Mathematics Research Starters, Golson Media, Golson Books Ltd, New York. (Book chapter)
- Chen J. T. (2014) Multivariate Bonferroni-type Inequalities, theory and applications. Published by Chapman and Hall, CRC.
- Chen J.T. (2007) Simultaneous Inference, Linus Publications, New York.
Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh. Professor; Numerical analysis, CFD.
- Flux Recovery and Superconvergence of Quadratic Immersed Interface Finite Elements (with C. Attanyake), International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, Vol. 14, No. 1 (2017), 88-102.
- Optimal Order Convergence Implies Numerical Smoothness, International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, Series B, Vol. 5, No. 4 (2014), 357-373.
- An Immersed finite element method with interface flux capturing recovery, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Series B, Vol. 17, No. 7 (2012), 2343-2357.
- Efficient Arnoldi-type algorithms for rational eigenvalue problems arising in fluid-solid systems (with T. M. Huang, W. Q. Huang, and W. W. Lin), Journal of Computational Physics, 230 ( 2011), 2189-2206.
- A General mixed covolume framework for constructing conservative schemes for elliptic problems (with P. S. Vassilevski), Mathematics of Computation, 68 (1999), 991-1011.
- Analysis and convergence of a covolume method for the generalized Stokes problem, Mathematics of Computation, 66 (1997), 85-104.
Ph.D., Purdue University. Distinguished University Professor; Statistical inference, Modeling statistical data, Non-normal models and their applications, Developing statistical methods for multivariate data, Change point detection , Financial statistics.
- Probability and Statistical Models:Foundations for Problems in reliability and Financial Mathematics ( with Zeng and Wu ),Birkhauser Boston , 2010
- Parametric Statistical Change Point Analysis (with Chen), Birkhauser, 2000.
- Stochastic frontier analysis with fat-tailed error models ( Nguyen ) ,Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics , 31 (2010 ) , 77-95.
- Estimation and inference for dependence in multivariate data ( with Bodnar ) , Journal of Multivariate Analysis , 101 (2010 ) 869 - 881 ..
- Testing and locating variance change points with application to stock prices (with Chen), Journal of American Statistical Association, 92 (1997), 730-747.
Ph.D., The University of Texas at Dallas. Assistant Professor; Applied Topological Data Analysis, Functional Data Analysis, Bayesian Statistics, Nonparametrics, Machine Learning.
- Y. Li, U. Islambekov, C. Akcora, E. Smirnova, Y.R. Gel, M. Kantarcioglu. . Dissecting Blockchain price analytics: what we learn from the geometry of Ethereum. Proceedings of 2020 SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM).
- N. Abay, C. Akcora, Y.R. Gel, U. Islambekov, M. Kantarcioglu, B. Thuraisingham. . ChainNet: learning on Blockchain graphs with topological features. Proceedings of 2019 IEEE Conference on International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM).
- U. Islambekov, M. Yuvaraj, Y.R. Gel. . Harnessing the power of topological data analysis to detect change points. Environmetrics, (0), e2612.
- U.Islambekov, A.K. Dey, Y.R. Gel, V. Poor. . Role of local geometry in robustness of power grid networks. 2018 IEEE Global Conference on Signal and Information Processing (GlobalSIP), 885-889.
- U. Islambekov, Y.R. Gel. . Unsupervised space-time clustering using persistent homology. Environmetrics, (0), e2539.
- U. Islambekov, R. Sims, G. Teschl. . Lieb-Robinson bounds for the Toda lattice. J. Stat. Phys., (148), 440 - 479
Ph.D., University of California-Berkeley. Professor; Banach algebras, functional analysis, several complex variables.
- Analytic discs and uniform algebras generated by real-analytic functions, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc. 147 (2019), 1519-1529.
- Gleason parts and point derivations for uniform algebras with dense invertible group, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 370 (2018), 4299-4321.
- Presence or Absence of Analytic Structure in Maximal Ideal Spaces, (joint with
Hakan Samuelsson Kalm and Erlend Fornæss Wold) Math. Ann. 366 (2016), 459-478.
- Uniform approximation on manifolds, Annals of Math. 174 (2011), 55--73.
- How to determine your gas mileage, Math. Magazine, 73 (2000), 226-231.
- Cr convergence of Picard's successive approximations, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 127 (1999), 2059-2063.
Ed.D., University of Pittsburgh. Professor; Collegiate Mathematics Education, Calculus, Linear Algebra.
- On the edge: A case study and resources for mathematics teachers. PRIMUS, 21(6), 485-511, 2011, refereed. (Submitted 11/08, Accepted 04/09, Published 7/11)
- Visions of Acculturation: Using Case Stories to Educate International Teaching Assistants in Mathematics. Studies in Graduate and Professional Student Development, 12, refereed. (Proposed 4/06, Submitted 9/06, Revised 12/06, ReRevised 10/08, Accepted 12/08, Published 1/11)
- Student Module for ‘Thinking Outside the Box’ (with Thomas Hern). Loci, http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/23/?pa=content&sa=viewDocument&nodeId=3322, refereed. (Submitted 4/09, Revised 8/09, Published 8/09).
- Thinking outside the box: Or maybe just about the box (with Thomas Hern). Loci, http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/23/?pa=content&sa=viewDocument&nodeId=3321, refereed. (Submitted 2/09, Accepted 4/09, Published 8/09)
- No-sew mathematical quilts: Needling students to explore higher mathematics (with Debbie Gyurko Youse). Visual Mathematics, 10(2) http://www.mi.sanu.ac.rs/vismath/meel2008/index.html, refereed. (Submitted 12/07, Accepted 1/08, Published 05/08)
- A case study of adjustment: Looking at a graduate teaching assistant’s struggles. International Journal for Mathematics Teaching and Learning, [December 7, 2006], refereed. (Submitted 7/05, Accepted 11/06, Published 12/06)
Ph.D., Texas A&M University. Associate Professor; Mathematics for communication and technology, coding theory, reliable computing, e-learning.
- PhotoMath - A mobile app for Algebra teaching and tutorials, (with D. Chen). Proceedings
of the 28th International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics, 2016.
- Resolving problems of communication and interaction in online learning with latest
mobile applications, Educational Research and Instructional Technology, 11 (3), 2015
- The use of iMesh as FastTrack le sharing protocols for learning and teaching, e-Journal
of Science, HCMCU 7, 2014.
- GeoGebra in collegiate mathematics teaching, Journal of Mathematics Education, 2 (1),
- Maple programming procedures and graph theory. In Q. Ngo (Ed.), The Technology
Handbook for Asian Math Education. Hanoi, VN: Information Age Publishing, 2012.
Ph.D., Syracuse University. Associate Professor; Mathematical statistics, Mixed Distributions, Change Point Analysis, Empirical Likelihood, Statistics Genetics, Survival Analysis.
Change point analysis; Empirical likelihood method; Time series analysis; Causal inference; Sequential analysis; Mixture distributions.
- Google Scholar Profile
- Research Gate Publication List
- Wang, T., Tian, W. and Ning, W. (2020). Likelihood ratio test change-point detection in the skew slash distribution. Accepted. CIS-Simulation and Computation.
- Stewart, P., Ning, W. (2020). Confidence Intervals for Data Containing Many Zero Observations Based on Empirical-Likelihood-Type Methods. Accepted. Computational Statistics.
- Ratnasingam, S., Ning, W. (2020). Confidence Distributions for Skew Normal Changepoint Model Based on Modified Information Criterion. Accepted. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice.
- Piyadi Gamage, R.D. and Ning, W. (2020). Inference for Short-memory Time Series Models Based on Modified Empirical Likelihood. Accepted. Australian \& New Zealand Journal of Statistics.
- Piyadi Gamage, R.D., Ning, W. (2020). Empirical Likelihood for Change Point Detection in Time Series Models. Accepted. Journal of the Korean Statistical Society.
- Piyadi Gamage, R.D. and Ning, W. (2019+). Inference for Long-memory Time Series Models Based on Modified Empirical Likelihood. In press. Austrian Journal of Statistics.
- Opperman, L., Ning, W. (2019+). Energy Statistics-Based Goodness of Fit Test for Skew Normality. Accepted. Random Operators and Stochastic Equations.
- Opperman, L., Ning, W. (2019). Sequential Probability Ratio Test for the Skew Normal Distribution. In press. CIS-Simulation and Computation.
- Cai, X., Tian, Y.B. and Ning, W. (2019). Change-point Analysis of the Failure Mechanisms Based on Accelerated Life Tests. Reliability Engineering \& System Safety. 188, 515-522.
- Basalamah, D., Said, K.K., Ning, W. and Tian, Y.B. (2018). Modified Information Criterion for Linear Regression Change-point Model with Its Applications. Accepted. Communications in Statistics--Simulation and Computation.
- Piyadi Gamage, R.D., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2017). Adjusted Empirical Likelihood for Long-memory Time Series Models. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice. 11(1), 220-233.
- Piyadi Gamage, R.D., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2017). Adjusted Empirical Likelihood for Time Series Models. arXiv:1602.09128v1. Sankhya B. Accepted.
- Cai, X., Tian, Y.B. and Ning, W. (2017). Modified information approach for detecting two change points in piecewise linear failure rate function. Statistical Probability and Letters. 125, 130-140.
- Chen, Y.J., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2017). Jackknife Empirical Likelihood Test for Equality of Two Mean Residual Functions. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods. 46(7), 3111-3122.
- Said, K.K., Ning, W. and Tian, Y.B. (2016+). Likelihood Procedure for Testing Changes for Skew Normal Model With Application to Stock Returns. Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation. In Press. DOI:10.1080/03610918.2016.1212067.
- Chen, Y.J., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2016). Empirical Likelihood Based Detection Procedure for Change Point in Mean Residual Life Functions Under Random Censorship. Pharmaceutical Statistics. 15, 246-254
- Cai, X., Said, K.K. and Ning, W. (2016). Change-point Analysis with Bathtub Shape for the Exponential Distribution. Journal of Applied Statistics. 43(15), 2740-2750.
PhD, Michigan State University. Assistant Professor; Collegiate Mathematics Education, Instructor Professional Development, Mathematical Reasoning and Proving.
- Rogers, K. C., & Steele, M. D. (2016). Graduate teaching assistants’ enactment of reasoning-and-proving tasks in a content course for elementary teachers, Journal for Research in Mathematics Education (JRME), 47, 372-419.
- Gilbertson, N., & Rogers, K. C. (2016). Triangles with integer dimensions. Mathematics Teacher, 109(9), 654-661.
- Rogers, K. C. (2014). Journal Writing in a Mathematics Capstone Course for Prospective Secondary Teachers: Future Teachers Making Connections. PRIMUS, 24(6), 465–479. doi:10.1080/10511970.2013.876477
- Steele, M. D., & Rogers, K. C. (2012). Relationships between mathematical knowledge for teaching and teaching practice: The case of proof. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education, 15, 159–180. doi:10.1007/s10857-012-9204-5
- Cervello, K.*, Ponomarenko, V., Terry, D., & Zhu, L. (2006). The extraction degree of cale monoids. Semigroup Forum, 72(1), 149-158. doi: 10.1007/s00233-005-0554-5.
- Cervello, K., Kedzierawski, A., Kopycka, D., & Thompson, K. (2003). Correlations between students’ experiences in high school and in calculus I. New York State Mathematics Teachers’ Journal, 53(3), 102-106.
* Maiden Name K. A. Cervello
Ph.D. BGSU. Associate Professor; Statistics, probability, computational statistics, multivariate analysis, goodness-of-fit tests, cluster analysis and classification; energy statistics.
- Research Gate Publication List
- M. L. Rizzo and G. J. Szekely (2016). Energy Distance, WIRES Computational Statistics, Wiley, Volume 8 Issue 1, 27-38. Available online Dec., 2015, doi: 10.1002/wics.1375.
- G. J. Szekely and M. L. Rizzo (2014). Partial Distance Correlation with Methods for Dissimilarities, The Annals of Statistics, 42/6, 2382-2412. http://projecteuclid.org/euclid.aos/1413810731
- M. L. Rizzo and G. J. Szekely (2010). DISCO Analysis: A Nonparametric Extension of Analysis of Variance, Annals of Applied Statistics, Vol. 4, No. 2, 1034-1055.
- G. J. Székely and M. L. Rizzo (2009). Brownian Distance Covariance, Annals of Applied Statistics, Invited Discussion Paper. Vol. 3, No. 4, 1235-1265.
- G. J. Székely, M. L. Rizzo and N. K. Bakirov (2007). Measuring and Testing Independence by Correlation of Distances, Annals of Statistics Vol. 35 No. 6, 2769-2794.
Ph.D., University of Virginia. Professor; Functional analysis, operator theory, function theory.
- Non-synthetic Diagonal operators on the Space of Functions Analytic on the Unit Disk (with Kate Overmoyer). Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics 45 (2015), 1233-1244.
- The Variability of Male Quality and Female Mate Choice Decisions: Second-Order Stochastic Dominance and the Behavior of Searchers Under a Sequential Search Strategy (with Dan Wiegmann and Gordon Wade). The Journal of Mathematical Biology, 63 (2011), 1121-1138.
- Semigroups of Compressed Toeplitz Operators and Nevanlinna-Pick Interpolation, The Houston Journal of Mathematics, 30 (2004), 815-828.
- Unbounded Dissipative Compresses Toeplitz Operators,
The Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 290(2004), 132-146.
- Chaotic Unbounded Differentiation Operators (with Juan Bes and Kit Chan), Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 40 (2001), 257-267.
- Mathematical Modeling of Marker Influx and Efflux in Cells (C. Heckman, C. Runyeon, G. Wade), The Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 63(2001), 431-449.
- Weakly Outer Polynomials (with Ray Cheng), Michigan Journal of Mathematics, 41(1994), 235-246.
Ph.D. , University of Missouri-Columbia. Associate Professor; Mixed Models, Modeling Diagnostics, Model Selection, Multiple Comparison Procedures, Bayesian Analysis.
- Xiong, J. and Shang, J. (2019). A penalized approach to mixed model selection via cross-validation. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods. https://doi.org/10.1080/03610926.2019.1669806.
- Switlyk, V. and Shang, J. (2019). Comparison of models for the prediction of the stock price. Journal of Mathematics and Statistics, 15, 233-249.
- Pan, J. and Shang, J. (2018). A simultaneous variable selection methodology for linear mixed models. Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 88(17), 3323-3337.
- Pan, J. and Shang, J. (2018). Adaptive Lasso for linear mixed model selection via profile log-likelihood. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 47(8), 1882-1900.
- Pan, J. and Shang, J. (2017). Prediction of colon cancer expense via adaptive penalized mixed model selection. Mathematica in Engineering, Science and Aerospace (MESA), 8(2), 253-264.
- Shang, J. (2016). A diagnostic of influential cases based on the Information Complexity Criteria in generalized linear mixed models. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 45 (13), 3751-3760.
- Wenren, C., Shang, J. and Pan, J. (2016). Marginal conceptual predictive statistic for mixed model selection. Open Journal of Statistics, 6, 239-253.
- Wenren, C. and Shang, J. (2016). Conditional conceptual predictive statistic for mixed model selection. Journal of Applied Statistics, 43 (4), 585-603.
- Luo, J. and Shang, J. (2016). Exploratory data analysis on the unemployment rates in USA. Advances and Applications in Statistics, 48 (4), 303-316.
Ph. D., SUNY at Buffalo, Assistant Professor, Quantum Groups, Low dimensional Topology, Homology and Homotopy.
- Panaite, Florin, Paul T. Schrader, and Mihai D. Staic. “Hom-Tensor Categories and the Hom-Yang-Baxter Equation.” Applied Categorical Structures 27(2019): 323–363.
- Laubacher, Jacob, Mihai D. Staic, and Alin Stancu. “Bar Simplicial Modules and Secondary Cyclic (co)homology.” Journal of Noncommutative Geometry 12(2018): 865–887.
- Bruce R. Corrigan-Salter and Mihai D. Staic, Higher Order and Secondary Hochschild
Cohomology, C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris 354 (2016), no. 11, 1049–1054.
- Mike Hughes, Mihai D. Staic and Xie Xiangdong, Classification of a class of nonrigid
Carnot groups, Journal of Lie Theory, 25 (2015), 717–732.
- Mihai D. Staic and Alina Nita-Petrescu, Symmetry group of two special types of
carbon nanotori, Acta Crystallogr. Sect. A, Volume 69 (4), (2013), 435–439.
- Florin Panaite and Mihai D. Staic, More examples of pseudosymmetric braided categories,
Journal of Algebra and Its Applications, 12 (4), (2013), 1250186, 21 pp.
Ph.D., Texas A&M University. Professor; Numerical Analysis, Numerical PDE, Scientific Computation.
- T. Sun and A. Fode, A discontinuous Galerkin – front tracking scheme and its optimal-optimal
error estimation, accepted for publication on Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics,
292 (2016), p369-386.
- T. Sun, Numerical smoothness and error analysis for WENO on the scalar nonlinear conservation
laws, Numerical Methods for PDEs, 29 (2013), p1881-1911.
- T. Sun and D. Rumsey, Numerical smoothness and error analysis for RKDG on the scalar
nonlinear conservation laws, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 241 (2013),
- T. Sun, Necessity of numerical smoothness, International Journal for Information & Systems
Sciences, 1 (2012), p1-6. Also in arXiv:1207.3026v1 [math.NA].
- D.Rumsey and T. Sun, A smoothness/shock indicator for the RKDG methods, Applied Mathematics Letters, 23 (2010), p1425-1431.
- T. Sun, Numerical smoothing of Runge-Kutta schemes, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 233 (2009) p1056-1062.
Ph.D., Brown University. Associate Professor; Numerical analysis.
- J. Gordon Wade and S. Seubert, Dense Sets of Common Cyclic Vectors for Complete Operators on Frechet Space, Houston Journal of Mathematics (2016), Volume 42, Issue 4, 2016, pp 1195-1212.
- D.D. Wiegmann, L. A. Angeloni,S. Seubert, and J. Gordon Wade, Mate choice decisions by searchers, Current Zoology, 59 (2013), 184-199.
- Steven M. Seubert, J. Gordon Wade, and Daniel D. WiegmannThe Variability of Male Quality and Female Mate Choice Decisions: Second-Order Stochastic
Dominance and the Behavior of Searchers Under a Sequential Search Strategy, Journal of Mathematical Biology, Journal of Mathematical Biology, December 2011, Volume 63, Issue 6, pp 1121-1138.
- S. M. Seubert, J. Gordon Wade, K. Overmover, and M. Henthorn, Examples of Non-Synthetic Diagonal Operators on Spaces of Functions Analytic on a Region Examples of Non-Synthetic Diagonal Operators on Spaces of Functions Analytic on a Region" submitted Dec., 2009.
- Wiegmann, S. Seubert and J. Gordon Wade, Mate choice and optimal search behavior: Fitness returns under the xed sample and sequential search strategies, Journal of Theoretical Biology, J TheorBiol. 2010 Feb 21;262(4):596-600.
- J. Gordon Wade and S. Seubert, Spectral Synthesis of Diagonal Operators and Representing Systems for the Space of Entire Functions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Application, Volume 344, Issue 1, 1 August 2008, Pages 9-16.
Ph. D., University of Utah, Associate Professor, Geometric Group Theory, Negatively curved and non-positively curved spaces, quasiconformal analysis on metric spaces.
- "Rigidity of fiber-preserving quasisymmetric maps", joint with Enrico Le Donne, Revista Matematica Iberoamericana 32 (2016), Issue 4, 1407--1422.
- "Some examples of quasiisometries of nilpotent Lie groups", Journal fur die reine und angewandte Mathematik 718(2016), 25 -- 38.
- "Quasiconformal maps on model Filiform groups", Michigan Mathematical Journal 64 (2015), no.1, 169 -- 202.
- "Large scale geometry of negatively curved $\R^n\rtimes \R$, Geometry and Topology 18 (2014), no. 2, 831-–872.
- "Quasi-isometric rigidity of Fuchsian buildings", Topology 45 (2006), 101--169.
PhD Purdue University, Assistant Professor; algebra, topology, operads, moduli spaces.
- Benjamin C. Ward. Six operations formalism for generalized operads. Theory Appl. Categ. 34 (2019), Paper No. 6, 121–169.
- Ricardo Campos and Benjamin C. Ward. Gravity formality. Adv. Math. (331):439-483, 2018.
- Ralph M. Kaufmann and Benjamin C. Ward. Feynman categories. Astérisque, (387):vii+161, 2017.
- Benjamin C. Ward. Hypercommuntative algebras and cyclic cohomology. Michigan Math. J., 66(3):533–547, 08 2017.
- Benjamin C. Ward. Maurer-Cartan elements and cyclic operads. J. Noncommut. Geom., 10(4):1403–1464, 2016.
- Google scholar profile
- Functional analysis reveals G/U pairs critical for replication and trafficking of an infectious non-coding viroid RNA, by Jian Wu, Cuiji Zhou, James Li, Chun Li, Xiaorong Tao, Neocles B Leontis, Craig L Zirbel, David M Bisaro, Biao Ding. Published February 21, 2020 in Nucleic Acids Research. (2020)
- How to fold and protect mitochondrial ribosomal RNA with fewer guanines, by Maryam Hosseini, Poorna Roy, Marie Sissler, Craig L. Zirbel, Eric Westhof and Neocles Leontis. Published September 12, 2018 in Nucleic Acids Research.Ph.D., Princeton University. Professor; Applied probability, stochastic processes, RNA 3D structure and sequence variability. (2018)
- Identifying novel sequence variants of RNA 3D motifs, by Craig L. Zirbel, James Roll, Blake A. Sweeney, Anton I. Petrov, Meg Pirrung, and Neocles Leontis. Nucl. Acids Res. (2015)
- Automated classification of RNA 3D motifs and the RNA 3D Motif Atlas, by Anton I. Petrov, Craig L. Zirbel, and Neocles B. Leontis. RNA. (2013)
- Frequency and isostericity of RNA base pairs, with Jesse Stombaugh · Eric Westhof · Neocles B. Leontis, to appear in Nucleic Acids Research. (2009)
- FR3D: Finding Local and Composite Recurrent Structural Motifs in RNA 3D Structures, with Michael Sarver · Jesse Stombaugh · Ali Mokdad · Neocles B. Leontis. Journal of Mathematical Biology. 56, Nos. 1-2, January 2008.
Updated: 08/05/2020 12:46PM