Research & Selected Publications
Ph.D., Purdue University. Professor; Bayesian analysis, statistical computing and graphics, contingency tables, exploratory data analysis, statistics education, analysis of sports data.
- 2017 Handbook of Statistics in Sports, CRC, edited volume with Mark Glickman, Ruud Koning, and Tim Swartz (To be published in January 2017)
- 2017 Situational Data, Clutch Hitting, and Streakiness, Handbook on Statistics in Sports, Chapman and Hall.
- 2017 Handbook of Statistics in Sports, CRC, edited volume with Mark Glickman, Ruud Koning, and Tim Swartz (To be published in January 2017)
- 2017 Anthology of Statistics in Sports II, Oxford University Press (edited volume with Jay Bennett and James Cochran)
- 2016 An Undergraduate Program in Data Science (with Maria Rizzo), Proceedings of the Meeting of the American Statistical Association.
- 2016 Improved Component Predictions of Batting and Pitching Measures, Journal of Quantitative Analysis of Sports , 12, 2.
- 2013 Analysis of Baseball Data Using R (with Max Marchi), CRC
- 2011 R by Example (with Maria Rizzo), Springer
Ph.D., Pure Mathematics, Kent State University. Professor; Functional analysis, function theory, operator theory.
- J. Bès, A. Conejero and D. Papathanasiau, Convolution operators supporting hypercyclic algebras
J. Math. Anal. Appl. 445 (2017) 1232–1238.
- J. Bès, A. Peris, Y. Puig de Dios and Q. Menet, Recurrence properties of hypercyclic operators.
Mathematische Annalen 336(1) (2016) 545–572.
- J. Bès and Q. Menet, Existence of common and upper frequently hypercyclic subspaces.
J. Math. Anal. Appl. 432(1) (2015), 10–37.
- J. Bès, Dynamics of weighted composition operators.
Complex Analysis and Operator Theory 8(1) (2014), 159--176
- J. Bès, Ö. Martin, and R. Sanders, Weighted shifts and disjoint hypercyclicity.
J. Operator Theory 72(1) (2014) 101–126.
Ph.D., Delft University of Technology. Associate Professor; Groups and geometries, (Twin-) Buildings, Lie type and Kac-Moody type groups.
- Curtis-Tits groups of simply-laced type. R. J. Blok and C. G. Hoffman
J.Comb. Th. Ser A 146 (2017), 1—32.
- Curtis-Tits groups generalizing Kac-Moody groups of type Ãn-1. R. J. Blok and C. G.
Hoffman. Journal of Algebra, 399 (2014), 978—1012.
- Highest weight modules and polarized embeddings of shadow spaces. R. J. Blok.
J. Alg. Combin. 34 (2011), no. 1, 67—113.
- The generating rank of the symplectic grassmannians: hyperbolic and isotropic
geometry. R. J. Blok. Europ. J. Combin. 28 (2007), 1368–1394.
- Far from a point in the F4(q) geometry. R. J. Blok, European J. Combin. 22 (2001),
no. 2, 145–163.
- Spanning point-line geometries in buildings of spherical type. R. J. Blok and A. E.
Brouwer. J. Geom. 62 (1998), no. 1-2, 26—35.
Ph.D., University of Michigan-Ann Arbor. Professor; Functional analysis, function theory, operator theory.
- Simultaneous chaotic extension for general operators on a Hilbert subspace (with L Pinheiro), Volume 448 (2017), 937-967.
- Chaotic differentiation operators on harmonic functions and simple connectivity (with G Kadel and L Pinheiro), Revista de la Real Academia de Ciencias: Serie A, Mathematics, Volume 109 (2015), 385-393 .
- Dual hypercyclic extension for an operator on a Hilbert subspace (with G Kadel), Houston Journal of Mathematics, Volume 41 (2015), 1221- 1256.
- Cyclicity of vectors with orbital limit points for backward shifts (with I Seceleanu), Integral Equations and Operator Theory, Volume 78 (2014), 225 - 232.
- Restrictions of an invertible chaotic operator to its invariant subspaces (with G Kadel), Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, Volume 409 (2014), 996-1004.
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison. Professor; Finite mixture models, statistical genetics, analysis of transformed data, empirical likelihood methods.
- Estimating the proportion of true null hypotheses in multiple testing problems (with Oyeniran, 2016), Journal of Probability and Statistics, Volume 2016: 1-7 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/3937056).
- Empirical likelihood confidence regions in QVF measurement error models (with Shifa and Wu, 2015), Journal of Probability and Statistical Science, Volume 13: 25-34.
- Regression analysis under complex probability sampling designs in presence of many zero-value responses (with Paneru, 2014), Advances and Applications in Statistics, Volume 40: 1-29.
- Empirical likelihood ratio test for difference of the means of zero-inflated populations (with Pailden, 2013), Advances and Applications in Statistics, Volume 35: 29-55.
- Estimating the proportion of true null hypotheses in nonparametric exponential mixture model with application to the leukemia gene expression data (with Zhao, Wu, and Zhang, 2012), Communication in Statistics – Simulation and Computation, Volume 41: 1580-1592.
Ph.D., University of Sydney, Australia. Professor; Statistical inference in biostatistics, step-wise multiple comparisons, probability inequalities, multivariate analysis, statistical consulting.
- Chen J. T. (2016) A Nonparametric Coherent Confidence Procedure, published in Communications in Statistics. Theory and Methods, Vol 45, No. 11, 3397-3409.
- Kerns L. and Chen J. T. (2016) A note on range regression analysis, published in Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, Vol. 11, No. 2, 19-27.
- Kerns L. and Chen J. T. (2016) Simultaneous confidence bands for restricted logistic regression models, accepted to published in Journal of Applied Statistics, early published online at http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02664763.2016.1238056.
- Chen J. T. (2015) Inequalities, EBSCO Mathematics Research Starters, Golson Media, Golson Books Ltd, New York. (Book chapter)
- Chen J. T. (2014) Multivariate Bonferroni-type Inequalities, theory and applications. Published by Chapman and Hall, CRC.
- Chen J.T. (2007) Simultaneous Inference, Linus Publications, New York.
Ph.D., University of Pittsburgh. Professor; Numerical analysis, CFD.
- Flux Recovery and Superconvergence of Quadratic Immersed Interface Finite Elements (with C. Attanyake), International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, Vol. 14, No. 1 (2017), 88-102.
- Optimal Order Convergence Implies Numerical Smoothness, International Journal of Numerical Analysis and Modeling, Series B, Vol. 5, No. 4 (2014), 357-373.
- An Immersed finite element method with interface flux capturing recovery, Discrete and Continuous Dynamical Systems Series B, Vol. 17, No. 7 (2012), 2343-2357.
- Efficient Arnoldi-type algorithms for rational eigenvalue problems arising in fluid-solid systems (with T. M. Huang, W. Q. Huang, and W. W. Lin), Journal of Computational Physics, 230 ( 2011), 2189-2206.
- A General mixed covolume framework for constructing conservative schemes for elliptic problems (with P. S. Vassilevski), Mathematics of Computation, 68 (1999), 991-1011.
- Analysis and convergence of a covolume method for the generalized Stokes problem, Mathematics of Computation, 66 (1997), 85-104.
Ph.D., Purdue University. Distinguished University Professor; Statistical inference, Modeling statistical data, Non-normal models and their applications, Developing statistical methods for multivariate data, Change point detection , Financial statistics.
- Probability and Statistical Models:Foundations for Problems in reliability and Financial Mathematics ( with Zeng and Wu ),Birkhauser Boston , 2010
- Parametric Statistical Change Point Analysis (with Chen), Birkhauser, 2000.
- Stochastic frontier analysis with fat-tailed error models ( Nguyen ) ,Far East Journal of Theoretical Statistics , 31 (2010 ) , 77-95.
- Estimation and inference for dependence in multivariate data ( with Bodnar ) , Journal of Multivariate Analysis , 101 (2010 ) 869 - 881 ..
- Testing and locating variance change points with application to stock prices (with Chen), Journal of American Statistical Association, 92 (1997), 730-747.
Ph.D., Michigan State University, Associate Professor, Mapping class groups, low-dimensional topology.
Geometric group theory, mapping class groups.
- Google Scholar Profile
- Irmak, E.: On simplicial maps of the complexes of curves on nonorientable surfaces, Algebraic & Geometric Topology, 14 (2014), 1153-1180.
- Irmak, E.: Superinjective simplicial maps of the complexes of curves on nonorientable surfaces, Turkish Journal of Mathematics, 36, 407-421 (2012).
- Irmak, E. and McCarthy, J.D.: Injective simplicial maps of the arc complex, Turkish Journal
of Mathematics, 34 (2010), 339-354.
- Irmak, E.: Injective simplicial maps of the arc complexes on nonorientable surfaces, Algebraic & Geometric Topology, 9 (2009), 2055-2077.
- Irmak, E. and Korkmaz, M.: Automorphisms of the Hatcher-Thurston complex, Israel Journal of Mathematics, 162 (2007), 183-196.
- Irmak, E.: Superinjective simplicial maps of complexes of curves and injective homomorphisms of subgroups of mapping class groups II, Topology and Its Applications, 153 (2006), 1309-1340.
- Irmak, E.: Complexes of nonseparating curves and mapping class groups, Michigan Mathematical Journal, 54 (2006), 81-110.
- Irmak, E.: Superinjective simplicial maps of complexes of curves and injective homomorphisms of subgroups of mapping class groups, Topology, 43 (2004), No.3, 513-541.
- Irmak, E., Ivanov, N. and McCarthy, J.D.: Automorphisms of surface braid groups, available at
Ph.D., University of California-Berkeley. Professor; Banach algebras, functional analysis, several complex variables.
- Presence or Absence of Analytic Structure in Maximal Ideal Spaces, (joint with
Hakan Samuelsson Kalm and Erlend Fornæss Wold) Math. Ann. 366 (2016), 459-478.
- A peak point theorem for uniform algebras on real-analytic varieties,
(joint with John T. Anderson), Math. Ann. 364 (2016), 657--665.
- Uniform approximation on manifolds, Annals of Math. 174 (2011), 55--73.
- Uniform algebras on the sphere invariant under group actions,
Math. Ann. 344 (2009), 989--995.
- How to determine your gas milage, Math. Magazine, 73 (2000), 226-231.
- Cr convergence of Picard's successive approximations, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., 127 (1999), 2059-2063.
Ed.D., University of Pittsburgh. Professor; Collegiate Mathematics Education, Calculus, Linear Algebra.
- On the edge: A case study and resources for mathematics teachers. PRIMUS, 21(6), 485-511, 2011, refereed. (Submitted 11/08, Accepted 04/09, Published 7/11)
- Visions of Acculturation: Using Case Stories to Educate International Teaching Assistants in Mathematics. Studies in Graduate and Professional Student Development, 12, refereed. (Proposed 4/06, Submitted 9/06, Revised 12/06, ReRevised 10/08, Accepted 12/08, Published 1/11)
- Student Module for ‘Thinking Outside the Box’ (with Thomas Hern). Loci, http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/23/?pa=content&sa=viewDocument&nodeId=3322, refereed. (Submitted 4/09, Revised 8/09, Published 8/09).
- Thinking outside the box: Or maybe just about the box (with Thomas Hern). Loci, http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/23/?pa=content&sa=viewDocument&nodeId=3321, refereed. (Submitted 2/09, Accepted 4/09, Published 8/09)
- No-sew mathematical quilts: Needling students to explore higher mathematics (with Debbie Gyurko Youse). Visual Mathematics, 10(2) http://www.mi.sanu.ac.rs/vismath/meel2008/index.html, refereed. (Submitted 12/07, Accepted 1/08, Published 05/08)
- A case study of adjustment: Looking at a graduate teaching assistant’s struggles. International Journal for Mathematics Teaching and Learning, [December 7, 2006], refereed. (Submitted 7/05, Accepted 11/06, Published 12/06)
Ph.D., Texas A&M University. Associate Professor; Mathematics for communication and technology, coding theory, reliable computing, e-learning.
- PhotoMath - A mobile app for Algebra teaching and tutorials, (with D. Chen). Proceedings
of the 28th International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics, 2016.
- Resolving problems of communication and interaction in online learning with latest
mobile applications, Educational Research and Instructional Technology, 11 (3), 2015
- The use of iMesh as FastTrack le sharing protocols for learning and teaching, e-Journal
of Science, HCMCU 7, 2014.
- GeoGebra in collegiate mathematics teaching, Journal of Mathematics Education, 2 (1),
- Maple programming procedures and graph theory. In Q. Ngo (Ed.), The Technology
Handbook for Asian Math Education. Hanoi, VN: Information Age Publishing, 2012.
Ph.D., Syracuse University. Associate Professor; Mathematical statistics, Mixed Distributions, Change Point Analysis, Empirical Likelihood, Statistics Genetics, Survival Analysis.
Change point analysis; Empirical likelihood method; Time series analysis; Causal inference; Sequential analysis; Mixture distributions.
- Google Scholar Profile
- Research Gate Publication List
- Piyadi Gamage, R.D., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2017). Adjusted Empirical Likelihood for Long-memory Time Series Models. Journal of Statistical Theory and Practice. 11(1), 220-233.
- Piyadi Gamage, R.D., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2017). Adjusted Empirical Likelihood for Time Series Models. arXiv:1602.09128v1. Sankhya B. Accepted.
- Cai, X., Tian, Y.B. and Ning, W. (2017). Modified information approach for detecting two change points in piecewise linear failure rate function. Statistical Probability and Letters. 125, 130-140.
- Chen, Y.J., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2017). Jackknife Empirical Likelihood Test for Equality of Two Mean Residual Functions. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods. 46(7), 3111-3122.
- Said, K.K., Ning, W. and Tian, Y.B. (2016+). Likelihood Procedure for Testing Changes for Skew Normal Model With Application to Stock Returns. Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation. In Press. DOI:10.1080/03610918.2016.1212067.
- Chen, Y.J., Ning, W. and Gupta, A.K. (2016). Empirical Likelihood Based Detection Procedure for Change Point in Mean Residual Life Functions Under Random Censorship. Pharmaceutical Statistics. 15, 246-254
- Cai, X., Said, K.K. and Ning, W. (2016). Change-point Analysis with Bathtub Shape for the Exponential Distribution. Journal of Applied Statistics. 43(15), 2740-2750.
PhD, Michigan State University. Assistant Professor; Collegiate Mathematics Education, Instructor Professional Development, Mathematical Reasoning and Proving.
- Rogers, K. C., & Steele, M. D. (2016). Graduate teaching assistants’ enactment of reasoning-and-proving tasks in a content course for elementary teachers, Journal for Research in Mathematics Education (JRME), 47, 372-419.
- Gilbertson, N., & Rogers, K. C. (2016). Triangles with integer dimensions. Mathematics Teacher, 109(9), 654-661.
- Rogers, K. C. (2014). Journal Writing in a Mathematics Capstone Course for Prospective Secondary Teachers: Future Teachers Making Connections. PRIMUS, 24(6), 465–479. doi:10.1080/10511970.2013.876477
- Steele, M. D., & Rogers, K. C. (2012). Relationships between mathematical knowledge for teaching and teaching practice: The case of proof. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education, 15, 159–180. doi:10.1007/s10857-012-9204-5
- Cervello, K.*, Ponomarenko, V., Terry, D., & Zhu, L. (2006). The extraction degree of cale monoids. Semigroup Forum, 72(1), 149-158. doi: 10.1007/s00233-005-0554-5.
- Cervello, K., Kedzierawski, A., Kopycka, D., & Thompson, K. (2003). Correlations between students’ experiences in high school and in calculus I. New York State Mathematics Teachers’ Journal, 53(3), 102-106.
* Maiden Name K. A. Cervello
Ph.D. BGSU. Associate Professor; Statistics, probability, computational statistics, multivariate analysis, goodness-of-fit tests, cluster analysis and classification; energy statistics.
- Research Gate Publication List
- M. L. Rizzo and G. J. Szekely (2016). Energy Distance, WIRES Computational Statistics, Wiley, Volume 8 Issue 1, 27-38. Available online Dec., 2015, doi: 10.1002/wics.1375.
- G. J. Szekely and M. L. Rizzo (2014). Partial Distance Correlation with Methods for Dissimilarities, The Annals of Statistics, 42/6, 2382-2412. http://projecteuclid.org/euclid.aos/1413810731
- M. L. Rizzo and G. J. Szekely (2010). DISCO Analysis: A Nonparametric Extension of Analysis of Variance, Annals of Applied Statistics, Vol. 4, No. 2, 1034-1055.
- G. J. Székely and M. L. Rizzo (2009). Brownian Distance Covariance, Annals of Applied Statistics, Invited Discussion Paper. Vol. 3, No. 4, 1235-1265.
- G. J. Székely, M. L. Rizzo and N. K. Bakirov (2007). Measuring and Testing Independence by Correlation of Distances, Annals of Statistics Vol. 35 No. 6, 2769-2794.
Ph.D., University of Virginia. Professor; Functional analysis, operator theory, function theory.
- Non-synthetic Diagonal operators on the Space of Functions Analytic on the Unit Disk (with Kate Overmoyer). Rocky Mountain Journal of Mathematics 45 (2015), 1233-1244.
- The Variability of Male Quality and Female Mate Choice Decisions: Second-Order Stochastic Dominance and the Behavior of Searchers Under a Sequential Search Strategy (with Dan Wiegmann and Gordon Wade). The Journal of Mathematical Biology, 63 (2011), 1121-1138.
- Semigroups of Compressed Toeplitz Operators and Nevanlinna-Pick Interpolation, The Houston Journal of Mathematics, 30 (2004), 815-828.
- Unbounded Dissipative Compresses Toeplitz Operators,
The Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 290(2004), 132-146.
- Chaotic Unbounded Differentiation Operators (with Juan Bes and Kit Chan), Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Applications, 40 (2001), 257-267.
- Mathematical Modeling of Marker Influx and Efflux in Cells (C. Heckman, C. Runyeon, G. Wade), The Bulletin of Mathematical Biology, 63(2001), 431-449.
- Weakly Outer Polynomials (with Ray Cheng), Michigan Journal of Mathematics, 41(1994), 235-246.
Ph.D. , University of Missouri-Columbia. Associate Professor; Mixed Models, Modeling Diagnostics, Model Selection, Multiple Comparison Procedures, Bayesian Analysis.
- Shang, J. (2016). A diagnostic of influential cases based on the Information Complexity Criteria in generalized linear mixed models. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 45 (13), 3751-3760.
- Wenren, C. and Shang, J. (2016). Conditional conceptual predictive statistic for mixed model selection. Journal of Applied Statistics, 43 (4), 585-603.
- Li, Q. and Shang, J. (2015). A Bayesian hierarchical model for multiple comparisons in mixed models. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods, 44, 5071-5090.
- Shang, J. and Wang, Y. (2013). Rating the raters in a mixed model: an approach to deciphering the rater reliability. Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and Its Applications, 392, 2447-2459
- Shang, J. (2010). A multiple comparison procedure based on a variant of the Schwarz Information Criterion in a mixed model. Communications in Statistics-Theory and Methods 39 (6) 1095-1109.
- Shang, J. and Cavanaugh, J. (2008) Bootstrap variants of AIC for mixed model selection. Computational Statistics and Data Analysis,52, 2004-2021.
Ph. D., SUNY at Buffalo, Assistant Professor, Quantum Groups, Low dimensional Topology, Homology and Homotopy.
- Bruce R. Corrigan-Salter and Mihai D. Staic, Higher Order and Secondary Hochschild
Cohomology, C. R. Math. Acad. Sci. Paris 354 (2016), no. 11, 1049–1054.
- Mihai D. Staic, Secondary Hochschild Cohomology, Algebra and Representation Theory,
19 (2016), 47–56.
- Mihai D. Staic and Alin Stancu, Operations on the Secondary Hochschild Cohomology,
Homology Homotopy Appl., 17 (2015), 129–146.
- Mike Hughes, Mihai D. Staic and Xie Xiangdong, Classification of a class of nonrigid
Carnot groups, Journal of Lie Theory, 25 (2015), 717–732.
- Mihai D. Staic and Alina Nita-Petrescu, Symmetry group of two special types of
carbon nanotori, Acta Crystallogr. Sect. A, Volume 69 (4), (2013), 435–439.
- Florin Panaite and Mihai D. Staic, More examples of pseudosymmetric braided categories,
Journal of Algebra and Its Applications, 12 (4), (2013), 1250186, 21 pp.
Ph.D., Texas A&M University. Professor; Numerical Analysis, Numerical PDE, Scientific Computation.
- T. Sun and A. Fode, A discontinuous Galerkin – front tracking scheme and its optimal-optimal
error estimation, accepted for publication on Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics,
292 (2016), p369-386.
- T. Sun, Numerical smoothness and error analysis for WENO on the scalar nonlinear conservation
laws, Numerical Methods for PDEs, 29 (2013), p1881-1911.
- T. Sun and D. Rumsey, Numerical smoothness and error analysis for RKDG on the scalar
nonlinear conservation laws, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 241 (2013),
- T. Sun, Necessity of numerical smoothness, International Journal for Information & Systems
Sciences, 1 (2012), p1-6. Also in arXiv:1207.3026v1 [math.NA].
- D.Rumsey and T. Sun, A smoothness/shock indicator for the RKDG methods, Applied Mathematics Letters, 23 (2010), p1425-1431.
- T. Sun, Numerical smoothing of Runge-Kutta schemes, Journal of Computational and Applied Mathematics, 233 (2009) p1056-1062.
Ph.D., Brown University. Associate Professor; Numerical analysis.
- J. Gordon Wade and S. Seubert, Dense Sets of Common Cyclic Vectors for Complete Operators on Frechet Space, Houston Journal of Mathematics (2016), Volume 42, Issue 4, 2016, pp 1195-1212.
- D.D. Wiegmann, L. A. Angeloni,S. Seubert, and J. Gordon Wade, Mate choice decisions by searchers, Current Zoology, 59 (2013), 184-199.
- Steven M. Seubert, J. Gordon Wade, and Daniel D. WiegmannThe Variability of Male Quality and Female Mate Choice Decisions: Second-Order Stochastic
Dominance and the Behavior of Searchers Under a Sequential Search Strategy, Journal of Mathematical Biology, Journal of Mathematical Biology, December 2011, Volume 63, Issue 6, pp 1121-1138.
- S. M. Seubert, J. Gordon Wade, K. Overmover, and M. Henthorn, Examples of Non-Synthetic Diagonal Operators on Spaces of Functions Analytic on a Region Examples of Non-Synthetic Diagonal Operators on Spaces of Functions Analytic on a Region" submitted Dec., 2009.
- Wiegmann, S. Seubert and J. Gordon Wade, Mate choice and optimal search behavior: Fitness returns under the xed sample and sequential search strategies, Journal of Theoretical Biology, J TheorBiol. 2010 Feb 21;262(4):596-600.
- J. Gordon Wade and S. Seubert, Spectral Synthesis of Diagonal Operators and Representing Systems for the Space of Entire Functions, Journal of Mathematical Analysis and Application, Volume 344, Issue 1, 1 August 2008, Pages 9-16.
Ph. D., University of Utah, Associate Professor, Geometric Group Theory, Negatively curved and non-positively curved spaces, quasiconformal analysis on metric spaces.
- "Rigidity of fiber-preserving quasisymmetric maps", joint with Enrico Le Donne, Revista Matematica Iberoamericana 32 (2016), Issue 4, 1407--1422.
- "Some examples of quasiisometries of nilpotent Lie groups", Journal fur die reine und angewandte Mathematik 718(2016), 25 -- 38.
- "Quasiconformal maps on model Filiform groups", Michigan Mathematical Journal 64 (2015), no.1, 169 -- 202.
- "Large scale geometry of negatively curved $\R^n\rtimes \R$, Geometry and Topology 18 (2014), no. 2, 831-–872.
- "Quasi-isometric rigidity of Fuchsian buildings", Topology 45 (2006), 101--169.
Ph.D., Princeton University. Professor; Applied probability, stochastic processes, RNA 3D structure and sequence variability.
- Google scholar profile
- JAR3D Webserver: Scoring and aligning RNA loop sequences to known 3D motifs, by James Roll, Craig L. Zirbel, Blake Sweeney, Anton I. Petrov and Neocles Leontis. Nucl. Acids Res. (2016)
- Identifying novel sequence variants of RNA 3D motifs, by Craig L. Zirbel, James Roll, Blake A. Sweeney, Anton I. Petrov, Meg Pirrung, and Neocles Leontis. Nucl. Acids Res. (2015)
- R3D-2-MSA: the RNA 3D structure-to-multiple sequence alignment server, by Jamie J. Cannone, Blake A. Sweeney, Anton I. Petrov, Robin R. Gutell, Craig L. Zirbel and Neocles Leontis. Nucl. Acids Res. (2015)
- Automated classification of RNA 3D motifs and the RNA 3D Motif Atlas, by Anton I. Petrov, Craig L. Zirbel, and Neocles B. Leontis. RNA. (2013)
- Frequency and isostericity of RNA base pairs, with Jesse Stombaugh · Eric Westhof · Neocles B. Leontis, to appear in Nucleic Acids Research. (2009)
- FR3D: Finding Local and Composite Recurrent Structural Motifs in RNA 3D Structures, with Michael Sarver · Jesse Stombaugh · Ali Mokdad · Neocles B. Leontis. Journal of Mathematical Biology. 56, Nos. 1-2, January 2008.