BGSU is committed to making textbooks as affordable as possible for students. BGSU Textbooks provides students with a booklist of items that are required or recommended for their courses and price comparisons from a variety of online retailers.
BGSU Textbooks helps you find your booklist, compare prices from major retailers, and save time and money by ordering online.
You can automatically pull up all of your courses by logging into MyBGSU and going to the Student Center > My Class Schedule > Booklist.
Instructors are adding course materials all of the time so check back if it says your course is awaiting information from the instructor.
How to Buy Books
- Find required items for each course at BGSU Textbooks.
- Compare prices from major retailers, like Amazon, Chegg, and more.
- Add items to your cart.
- Checkout from each retailer separately.
BGSU does not have a bookstore on campus. All textbook listing and purchases are done online.
Shipping and Package Pick Up
Students Living On Campus - Use your campus address when ordering course materials.
Students Living Off Campus - You can have packages sent to your off campus address or have them sent to campus for pick up. If you want to pick up packages on campus, use the following for the ‘ship to’ address:
Student’s BGSU Email Address
441 Woodland Circle
Bowling Green, OH 43403
Package Pick Up
You will receive an email from the Package Center when the books arrive.
- During the first four weeks of classes - Pick up packages in Room 228 of the Bowen Thompson Student Union.
- After the first four weeks of classes - Pick up packages in the Package Center located in Falcon Outfitters.
BGSU Textbooks is powered by Verba. This tool allows you to communicate textbook and course material requirements, recommendations, and purchasing options directly to students. There are many benefits, including:
- Students see price comparisons for ordering or renting course materials from multiple vendors, including Amazon, Chegg, Barnes & Noble, and more.
- Verba stores information from prior terms so it's quick and easy to re-list items in the future.
- Verba provides instructors with an affordability score for many items so they consider the cost to students.
- Verba provides analytics to show adoption progress at the department level for each term.
How to Adopt Course Materials
Instructors access Verba through MyBGSU and indicate if course materials are required.
If no course materials are required, please mark the section as "no textbooks required." This information is shown to students so they know they do not need to purchase materials.