Media Production Camp
Media Production Camp
Rescheduled for 2021
Do you want to film, produce, and release your own videos? Are you interested in learning how to do audio edits? Have you ever imagined a career in the exciting field of media? Media Production Camp is for students who are interested in studio and video film production, audio recording and editing, and radio broadcasting and podcasting. Experience a hands-on, unique learning opportunity with state-of-the-art equipment and world-class educators.
Students will get to spend time in the newly renovated Kuhlin Center which is the home for the School of Media and Communication. Inside this building, students will actively participate in video and audio production suites with advanced technology equipment.
Media Production Camp Summer 2019
Here's a look into what our campers experienced during our Media Production Camp in the summer of 2019
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Learn film, storyboard, and camera basics
- Video shooting and editing including learning to use multiple editing programs
- An introduction to film criticism
- The basics of sound affects and A/B audio posts
- Radio shows and music recording with BGSU’s own radio station WBGU
- Control robotic cameras all for a live recording
- Record in front of real green screens and create new backgrounds
- Check out the isolation booth for drum sets and voice-over audio work
- A capstone project and exhibition of camper videos
Who can attend?
Students entering 9th - 12th grade in fall of 2020 who are interested in learning more about careers in Media.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $595 dollars covers all lodging, meals, transportation for field trips and take home materials such as a camp book bag, water bottle, t-shirt and 64G Jump drive for students final projects. The cost provides camp counselor and chaperone coverage (day/night) throughout the program. *camperships available
How can I apply?
First, complete the full online form below so that we can learn more about you. Applicants will also have the opportunity to include an optional cover letter and an optional letter of reference. If you choose to have a recommender submit a letter of reference please direct them to the following link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay for the duration of the camp as often times academic and camp programs will occur into the evening hours.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Letter of Recommendation (Optional)
- Cover Letter (Optional)
Letter of Reference Requirements
- Applicants choosing to include an optional letter of reference should send the following information to the person submitting their letter of reference for them to complete this portion of the application
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
Application Cancellation Policy
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application at anytime by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications will be opened at a later date.
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $75.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the seventh day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Full payment must be received no less than 8 weeks from the first day of the program.
- Camp Week TBD Payment Due TBD
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Medical Authorization Form
- BGSU Medical: Permission to Dispense Medication (Used for over the counter medication, tylenol, sinus etc)
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- A full refund, minus the deposit will be issued if cancelation is received 6 weeks prior to the start of the program
- A refund of 75% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 6 weeks but prior to 4 weeks
- A refund of 50% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 4 weeks but prior to 2 weeks
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.