Media Production Camp
Media Production Camp APPLY NOW
June 27 - 30, 2022
Do you want to film, produce, and release your own videos? Are you interested in learning how to do audio edits? Have you ever imagined a career in the exciting field of media? Media Production Camp is for students who are interested in studio and video film production, audio recording and editing, and radio broadcasting and podcasting. Experience a hands-on, unique learning opportunity with state-of-the-art equipment and world-class educators.
Students will get to spend time in the newly renovated Kuhlin Center which is the home for the School of Media and Communication. Inside this building, students will actively participate in video and audio production suites with advanced technology equipment.
- NON-Residential Camp
- Camp Dates: Monday June 27 - Thursday June 30
- Camp Times: 8:45 AM - 5 PM
- Lunch & Snack Provided
Sample Camp Activities
- Learn film, storyboard, and camera basics
- Video shooting and editing including learning to use multiple editing programs
- An introduction to film criticism
- The basics of sound effects and A/B audio posts
- Radio shows and music recording with BGSU’s own radio station WBGU
- Control robotic cameras all for a live recording
- Record in front of real green screens and create new backgrounds
- Check out the isolation booth for drum sets and voice-over audio work
- A capstone project and exhibition of camper videos
- Students entering 9th - 12th grade in fall of 2022 who are interested in learning more about careers in Media.
- The $295 cost of camp covers all program materials, admission fees, t-shirt, lunch & snacks throughout the week as well as instruction and studio times.
How can I apply?
First, complete the full online form so that we can learn more about you. This camp is a non-residential camp. Students will attend daily from 8:45 AM - 5:00 PM. Student's may apply for special consideration to become a residential camper. Residential campers will have an additional cost of $475 in addition to the $295 program cost.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
Application Cancellation Policy
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application at anytime by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
- Application Opens December 1st
- Early Consideration Deadline: March 1st
- General Deadline Extended: April 25th
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $25.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the seventh day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week June 27 Payment Due May 15, 2022
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Medical Authorization Form
- BGSU Medical: Permission to Dispense Medication (Used for over the counter medication, tylenol, sinus etc)
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- Full refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs on or before May 15, 2022
- 75% refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
- 50% refund minus depost if cancelation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Updated: 04/15/2022 12:03PM