Student Complaints Form
Per the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) Policy, an accredited institution needs to demonstrate that it has and uses processes and procedures to handle student complaints in a timely fashion and to analyze related data for ongoing improvement. Many complaints mechanisms exist at BGSU. The following links are provided to facilitate access to the proper campus unit/office.
To submit a complaint about BGSU directly with the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), click here to be redirected to their website. Note: HLC does not intervene in matters of an individual nature such as (but not limited to): transcripts, tution, grade/instructor disputes, disciplinary actions, employment disputes, financial aid, satisfactory academic progress, interpesonal relations, etc.
To submit a complaint directly with the Ohio Department of Higher Education (ODHE), click here to b redirected to their website. For further information or question about the ODHE complaint process, please feel free to contact (614) 466-6000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- In addition to the current Academic Catalog, the Bowling Green State University (BGSU)’s current Academic Charter should be consulted and referenced for all academic-related grievances, including grade and absence appeals procedures.
- Formal complaint form for the School of Nursing
- Complaints or concerns arising from, the Student Code of Conduct, should be directed to the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Complaints or concerns related to Transcripts, Records or the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) should be directed to the Office of Registration and Records.
- Complaints or concerns related to scholarships or financial aid should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid.
- Complaints or concerns related to Housing or Student Life should be directed to the Office of Residence Life.
- Complaints or concerns related to employment matters, human resources or Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) should be directed to the Office of Human Resources.
- Complaints or concerns regarding discrimination, harassment, violence or sexual and gender-based concerns should be directed to the Office of Equity, Opportunity and Compliance.
- Complaints or concerns related to equity matters should be directed to the Division of Diversity and Belonging.
- Complaints or concerns related to work related safety and environmental concerns should be directed to the Office of Environmental Health and Safety.
- Complaints or concerns related to Parking, Public Safety should be directed to the BGSU Department of Public Safety.
- Other confidential reporting (not related to academic matters, student conduct matters or employee grievances)
If you are unsure as to which office to contact, please use the form provided at the link below and your complaint will be promptly forwarded to the appropriate campus office/unit. A member of our staff will also follow-up with you within 3-4 business days.
Updated: 04/12/2023 11:28AM