When incidents of alleged misconduct happen, our office is the main university entity that works with students to determine a resolution. We also ensure that students receive fair treatment in all disciplinary matters. Students, faculty, and staff who believe there has been a violation of the Code of Student Conduct can contact our office to discuss opens available for reporting incidents to the appropriate authorities. Office staff can assist victims of assault or harassment by a University student, and they are also available for educational programs on a variety of related topics.
Through the Student Conduct Program in the Office of the Dean of Students, it is our aim to help students understand the impact their behavior has on the global community, and to assist them with making future decisions that lead to personal and professional success.
Promoting justice, fairness, student development and success through care, education and the enforcement of student rights and responsibilities.
The Bowling Green State University Student Conduct Program within the Office of the Dean of Students supports the University’s mission of preparing students for lives of engaged citizenship and leadership in a global society through advocacy, education and accountability. Grounded in a student-centered approach, the Student Conduct Program encourages the holistic development of students through teaching while fostering a safe and inclusive campus community.
- To ensure fairness and justice through adjudication of student conduct in consideration of due process, federal and state laws and regulations, and campus policies and procedures.
- To create sanctions that address student behavior while teaching students responsible citizenship skills.
- To promote student success through proactive education that addresses student behavior within the community.
- To contribute to the campus community through student advocacy, engagement and care.
- Actively facilitate student development by helping students understand responsibility and decision-making.
- To proactively work with students by connecting current behavior to future career and life implications.