To obtain the BGSU Certificate in Assistive Technology, participants in this program take five graduate-level courses developed to provide the skills needed to help meet the assistive technology needs of individuals with special needs, and to work effectively with parents, teachers, professionals and school districts that are seeking to introduce assistive technologies into multiple environments.
4 Core Courses (12 hours)
- EDIS 6400 Introduction to Assistive Technology (3)
- EDIS 6410 Assessment Processes for Assistive Technology (3)
- EDIS 6420 Implementation Strategies for Assistive Technology (3)
- EDIS 6430 Integrating and Managing Assistive Technology in the Classroom (3)
1 Elective Course (3 HOURS)
CHOOSE ONE Elective in Special Education or Classroom Technology
Submit Your Graduate College Application Online
For Area of Study, select “Certificate” and “Assistive Technology – Certificate (eCampus)”
Note: All graduate level programs use the same Graduate College Application. A $45 nonrefundable application fee is assessed for domestic applications. The international application fee is $75.
Submit scanned copies of official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended to the Graduate College. Upon admission, final official transcripts from each degree granting institution must be submitted. Official transcripts are to be sent to:
120 McFall Center
Bowling Green State University
Bowling Green, OH 43403
GRE/PRAXIS scores are NOT required
Statement of Purpose
You will upload this as part of the online application process for this program.
The Statement of Purpose should address:
- your motivation for pursuing graduate study in you chosen field
- what you hope to gain through graduate study
- your career aspirations following completion of the program
- your personal qualities that relate to your future success as a graduate student