Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation Building
The Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) Building is ranked
by U.S. Green Building Council as LEED Silver Certified!
Below are some of the unique characteristics that make the BCI building more environmentally-friendly in its operation!
- 90% of construction waste was recycled, reused, or diverted
from the landfill.
- 20% of materials cost went to
- Used low VOC (Volatile Organic
Compounds) adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings, and carpets.
- HVAC and lighting units, in addition to its windows and insulation.
- 14% percent more energy efficient than the standard building baseline
- Water Conservation
- Water reduction 40% below standard
- Storm water runoff management system
- Water reduction 40% below standard baseline