The Stroh Convocation Center is ranked by U.S. Green Building Council as LEED Gold Certified!
The Stroh Center received the LEED Gold certification with 40/69 points! These points are earned by incorporating sustainable features during the design and construction process. Below is an overview of the scoring through LEED certification.
- Construction waste recycled at 75%
- Construction materials were made up of 10% recycled materials
- 20% of the construction materials were extracted, processed, and manufactured within a 500 mile radius
- Used wood that was certified in accordance with the Forest Stewardship Council's Principles and Criteria
- Used low-emitting adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings, carpets, and composite wood.
- Thermal comfort design
- Glass exposures for natural light
- Access to public transportation
- Bicycle storage and shower facilities for employees
- Special parking for Low Emitting and Fuel Efficient Vehicles
- Improved stormwater runoff system
- Reduce urban heat island affect by utilizing better roofing materials
- Reduce water usage by 30%
- Water Conservation
- Water reduction of 30%
- Storm water runoff management system
- Enhanced refrigeration equipment
Updated: 12/07/2023 05:01PM