Frequently Asked Questions

You will need to bring one of the following forms of identification with you to BG1 Card Services

  • A valid State-issued driver's license with photo.
  • A valid State-issued photo ID card
  • A valid passport with photo
  • A valid military ID card

If you are a new employee, you will also need to bring a completed department authorization form.

There is a non-refundable $25 fee for each card. If it is your first BG1 Card or if your affiliation with the university is changing (ex. Undergraduate to Graduate), the $25 fee will be automatically charged to your Bursar account. Otherwise, you have the option to either pay for the card when it is printed or you may have it manually charged to your Bursar account. Accepted forms of payment in the office are cash, check, credit card, debit card, or department authorization. This fee is subject to change.

As long as your old card is the new design (May 2011 or later) and is still in good working order, the answer is yes. Just bring your old card to BG1 Card Services to have it reactivated. It's quick, simple and free!

That is the three digit code that is listed on the back of your credit card if you are using Visa/MC/Discover or the four digit code listed on the front of card if you are using AMEX. You must have this code in order to use the on-line deposit feature.

No, you will not be charged fees to add money to your BG Bucks account.

BG Bucks is a prepaid or stored value account that is used for locations all across campus such as Falcon Outfitters, Dining Services, select vending machines, and select community merchants. The BG Bucks account may be used to supplement  your meal plan. Traditional Meal Plans are a set amount of swipes that are used at the all you care to eat dining facilities. Falcon Dollars are the amount of retail dollars, based on the meal plan selected, that can be used in any of the residential dining facilities. For more information about meal plans and dining options, visit the dining website.

You cannot withdraw cash from you BG Bucks Account. However, you can request a refund. A refund can be made upon request when the cardholder withdraws from the University, graduates, no longer works at the University, or at the end of the spring semester.

To request a refund, complete the Refund Request form. Please allow approximately three to four weeks to receive your refund check. A check processing fee of $10, will be deducted from the amount of the refund. Accounts with less than $10 will not be refunded.


No. The BG Bucks is a prepaid or stored value account that is only accepted on-campus and by select community merchants who have registered to participate in the program. The BG1 Card is the photo ID used to access the account.

No. Your BG Bucks carry forward from semester to semester and from year to year. However, BG Bucks with no activity during a 24-month period are considered inactive and subject to an annual service charge. 

You need to first discuss the issue where the transaction originated. If you have further questions, please contact the BG1 Card Services.

BG1 Card Services is now BG1 Plus. We are located at the information desk in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union.

Yes. Bring your refund check and your BG1 Card to BG1 Card Services.

The BG Bucks can be used at any dining facilities on campus, including the Union. You may make a deposit to your BG Bucks account at any time in any amount.

Dining Services can help you with questions about your meal plan swipes, Falcon Dollars, and rollover balances.

You can start depositing funds to your account as soon as your BG1 Card is printed.

The amount that you authorize to be deducted from your paycheck should be no more than 50% of your paycheck.

Yes, PNC is the exclusive banking partner of the BG1 Card Program.

You can speak to a PNC Bank representative in their office in the Bowen-Thompson Student Union. You may also go to the PNC web site for more information. 

Updated: 04/01/2022 01:32PM