Resources For Researchers
Overview of the For Researcher section of this website
- This section of the web site is designed to provide resources people who want to conduct research on faith and families
- Click Current State of Science for our critique of empirical research on the role of spirituality and religion in family life, along with key readings & citation lists of peer-reviewed studies published in journals from 1980-2011.
- Click Relational Spirituality Framework for information about a framework - Relational Spirituality Framework - that organizes the widespread but scattered literature on faith and family life. This framework highlights what we do and don't know. The framework is intended to help researchers identify gaps in the literature, and identify the many important and fascinating research questions left to address.
- Click Constructs & Our Measures for information about constructs & our measures that take a closer look at specific spiritual beliefs and practices centered on family life that may impact family relationships, for better or worse. We have posted copies of measures that we have developed in our research group (SPiRiT) to assess specific psychospiritual constructs centered on family relationships. Researchers can go to Other Researchers to contact other researchers to obtain more information about constructs they are developing and copies of their measures (e.g., benevolent prayer for partner).
Other Major sections of this website
- Our website has three other major sections that provide scientific information about faith and family life. Links to each section are listed below.
- Click About for more information about relational spirituality, religion/spirituality, our transition to parenthood study, our research group, other researchers, and the Templeton Foundation
- Click Research Findings for the section of our website that summarizes key empirical findings on relational spirituality, for better and worse
- Click For Researchers for more information for conducting studies on relational spirituality, for better and worse.
- Click to For Families/Quizzes for quizzes to take on the relational spirituality of family relationships.