Bernard Gundlach (1907-2000)
BS in ME, Polytechnical Institute,Hannover Germany; PhD
University of Hamburg. He was at BGSU 1956-61 and left to join the Educational Research
Council of Greater Cleveland. His specialty was mathematics education.
His publications and presentations include
- “A New Approach to the Teaching of Elementary Mathematics” at the 1957 meeting of the Ohio
Section of the Mathematical Association of America.
- “Implications of Modern Teaching Trends in Junior High and High School Mathematics for the
Teaching of Arithmetic in the Elementary Grades”,School Science and Mathematics , vol. 61,
no. 7, pp. 489-500, 1961. Also presented at the Annual Convention of the Central
Association of Science and Mathematics Teachers, Detroit, Michigan, November 25, 1960.
- Basic mathematics for elementary teachers, 1961
- “The History of Numbers and Numerals”. NCTM Yearbook (31st), 18-86, 1969
- Educational Research Council of Greater Cleveland.
Elementary number games and puzzles, 1951
G.C.M.P. suggested enrichment topics for intermediate level,: Grades 4-5-6
G.C.M.P. suggested mathematics topics for review and enrichment,: [grades] 5-8
- New Laidlaw mathematics series.
The Laidlaw glossary of arithmetical-mathematical terms, 1961
Sets, numbers, numerals 1-2 1965
Junior high school mathematics, 7
Numerous grade level texts