All BGSU organizations, offices, departments, programs, and units are eligible to request funding through ECAP for ethnic and/or cultural arts events.
Applicants may request grant amounts of up to 50% of their project budget, up to a maximum of $4,000. ECAP will prioritize proposals that show evidence of a broad base of confirmed financial support from other campus organizations as well as outside funding.
ECAP will provide funding for a variety of support activities including but not limited to:
- The costs to bring professional artists on campus including transportation, lodging, meals, and honoraria
- Production costs of the event (e.g., audio-visual technician, accompanist for vocalist/instrumentalist)
- Costs related to producing flyers, brochures and advertisements to promote the event.
Funding will NOT be provided for:
- Requests for artists’ fees when information about the artists and samples of the artists’ work have not been included in the support materials.
- Hospitality expenses, such as food and beverages for openings, receptions or benefits.
- Fund raising efforts, such as social events or entrepreneurial activities.
- Applications from organizations that have not submitted final reports for the preceding fiscal year.
- Equipment, supplies, materials or assistance normally obtained through University, College, or Department budgets
- Programming that would normally occur within a particular University unit
- Events that have taken place prior to the specified time frame or that have already occurred.
- Applications for projects that primarily present political, denominational, religious or sectarian ideas, or projects that enhance the property of religious institutions.
- Arts activities that are essentially recreational, therapeutic or vocational.
- BGSU student employment, faculty salaries, or release time
- Interest expenses paid on loans or debts.
- Scholarship assistance for academic credit.
- Applications for projects primarily for academic credit.
- Applications for travel by applicant.