US Citizen or US Permanent Resident
NOTE: Never send forms with sensitive information (SSN, birthday, etc.) by email without encryption. We have tools available to help you submit your information safely, please call or email if you have any questions or concerns.
The instructions below are applicable to all US Citizens and US Permanent Residents who are newly hired student employees at BGSU. Before we can authorize you to begin working for BGSU, you must complete the entire new hire process outlined on this page.
Please read all steps carefully!
I. Fill out USCIS Form I-9 - go to the website below to complete your I-9 Form.
- Complete Form I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification at www.newi9.com using employer code 21002.
II. Please make sure that the following forms are all completed, signed and submitted. Clicking on each link will send the document to your BGSU email. When prompted by Adobe Sign, use your BGSU email address to access the forms.
- Form W-4 - Employee's Withholding Certificate Complete steps 2-4 on this form if they apply to you, otherwise skip to step 5 to sign and date.
- IT-4 - Employee's Withholding Exemption Certificate Note: If you live on-campus, please use a permanent address (e.g. a parent's or guardian's address). If you live off-campus, please use your local, off-campus address.
- SSA-1945 - Statement Concerning Your Employment in a Job Not Covered by Social Security
- Payroll Direct Deposit Request Form
- State of Ohio House Bill 66 - Auditor's Fraud Hotline
- Student Employee Retirement Form
- Visit Student Employment Services, 225 Bowen-Thompson Student Union to complete the onboarding process:
- Bring with you a valid, original and/or certified copies of acceptable identification and employment authorization documents to complete your Form I-9. Federal law prohibits us from accepting scans, photocopies or any other copy of acceptable documents unless certified by the issuing office.
Updated: 10/12/2023 03:57PM