Room Change Request - After Move-in

Spring Semester Requests

Opens | 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 23
Closes | 9 a.m. on Friday, April 12

Step 1

You should reach out to your RA, Graduate Hall Director or Hall Director to see if they can help resolve what is prompting you to request a move. Moving in the middle of the semester can be stressful and sometimes a seemingly unmanageable situation can be handled easily with a little help.

Step 2

If the situation cannot be resolved, the student (not the parent) can make a request by filling out the room change request form located in your BGSU Housing Portal under "Manage My Housing".

Important: Students will need to either call or visit the front desk of the residence hall they would like to move to and request a list of the available open rooms. Students need to submit a room number in their Room Change Request.

Step 3

Once we receive your room change request, our office will process it based on availability.

Weekend moves: Requests must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. the Thursday prior so the residence hall has time to process the necessary paperwork.

Please note: Although we will do our best to accommodate your specific request, we cannot guarantee it will be granted. If your specific request can't be granted, we will try to find another solution for you but room availability and health and safety protocols may restrict what we can accommodate.

Updated: 01/07/2024 12:53PM