New Student Housing Guide
When you are ready to commit to BGSU, the next step is to start your housing application.
The housing application process starts out by completing the Housing & Meal Plan Application in MyBGSU where you will also make your $200 initial housing payment. Once the agreement is complete, you have a few optional steps you can consider; such as forming a Room Selection Group, joining a community, consider All Gender Housing and connecting with Accessibility Services if you need a housing accommodation.
If you decide not to join a learning community and you are not interested in living in All Gender Housing, the next step in the Housing Application is Room Selection.
Step 2 | Compete your Housing & Meal Plan Application
After being admitted, in order to select on-campus housing, you will need to log in to your MyBGSU Housing and Meal Plan Application, located in the Housing & Residence Life section, and complete the following:
- Accept the terms of the On-Campus Housing and Dining Agreement.
- Make the $200 initial housing payment.*
- Submit Health and Emergency Contact Information.
- Complete the Lifestyle Questionnaire.
- Select a meal plan. New students must select a custom meal plan option.
- Optional: Students who wish to apply to live in a Learning Community will be able to do so during this step.
Please note: The day you make your housing payment does NOT determine your Room Selection Time. Room Selection Times are 100% randomized.
* The $200 initial housing payment is completely refundable until May 15, 2024, if you decide you no longer want to attend BGSU.
Updated: 02/12/2024 01:53PM