Bowling Green State University, as a public university for the public good, exists to create and share knowledge, promote open debate and dialogue, and be a place where multiple views and perspectives can be weighed and considered.
Elections are exciting. Elections can also be divisive, raise emotions and may also bring about anxiety. We want to provide students with supportive spaces to articulate their feelings and experiences concerning the election. These resources can assist in our work to engage and support students.
Drop-In Discussion Spaces
Please join us as your schedule allows in rooms 201 and 207 of the Bowen-Thompson Student Union on Thursday Nov. 12 from noon to 3 p.m. or virtually via Zoom.
|All Students||LGBTQ+ Community||People of Color|
|In-Person Space||BTSU 201||BTSU 207||BTSU 207|
|Online/Virtual Space||All Students:
Meeting ID: 850 0276 0815
|People of Color:
Meeting ID: 827 5951 3599
Campus events occurring this week to help reduce stress and to promote health and wellness:
- THRIVE virtual wellness challenge: October 5 - November 13
- Group exercise classes at the rec center
- Free virtual Move for Your Mood yoga and aerobic classes
Campus Election Engagement Project (CEEP) is a national nonpartisan project that helps administrators, faculty, staff and student leaders at America’s colleges and universities engage students in federal, state and local elections, working to promote a more equitable and inclusive democracy, and to overcome the ever-changing barriers to voting.
The following are facilitation resources provided by CEEP for faculty, staff, students and community:
- The Road Ahead: Processing the 2020 Election
- Post-Election Online Announcement for Faculty
- Common Questions After Election Day: A Student Guide
BGSU offers the following on-campus resources to help navigate our post-election world:
- Counseling Center – 104 College Park Office Building, 419-372-2081
- Office of Multicultural Affairs/LGBTQ+ Programs – 4th Floor BTSU, 419-372-2642
- Title IX – 207 Hayes Hall, 419-372-8476
- Office of the Dean of Students – 301 BTSU, 419-372-2843
- Office of Residence Life – 470 Math Science, 419-372-2011
Updated: 08/30/2021 01:00PM