No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any educational programs or activity receiving federal financial assistance. – From the preamble to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
Mission, Vision, and Priorities
The Office of Title IX at Bowling Green State University is committed to cultivating a campus environment free from harassment and sex and gender-based discrimination through reporting, education, prevention, response, and remediation.
The Office of Title IX at Bowling Green State University seeks to provide leadership pertaining to the Title IX regulations, state laws, and University policies, as well as develop and implement best practices for prevention, training, resources, and support services.
- Annual review of policy and procedures to ensure the alignment of title ix compliance with the mission, vision, and priorities of the university
- Ongoing communication of student and employee rights and responsibilities under Title IX
- Sexual assault prevention education offered to first and second-year students
- Provide prompt and effective resolution to title ix concerns
- Use yearly climate survey data to shape title ix policies, procedures and practices as well as sexual assault prevention education and resources
Talking Title IX: Consent Chat
Join BGSU’s Title IX Coordinator, Lakeshia Dowlen, as she will be "Talking Title IX" specifically regarding consent.
Please note the following:
- Sessions of this event will be held virtually. Session registration is required
- Sessions of this event has a capacity of 50 participants on a first-come first-served basis
- CONTENT WARNING: Sessions of this event will contain topics that may be triggering to those that have experienced sexual violence. Please feel free to modify your participation as needed
- Sessions of this event are NOT to be used for reporting incidents described as sexual harassment or sexual assault. Please use BGSU’s reporting form, "See It. Hear It. Report It." or contact the Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Title IX's Front-Line Advisory Group
Are you a student interested in being involved with the Office of Title IX? Check out our Front-Line Advisory Group (FLAG)! We are accepting new member applications for the 2021-2022 academic year!
FLAG members help ensure BGSU students are at the forefront of policies and decisions made within the Office of Title IX. As a member in FLAG, you can be involved in certain Title IX related projects and events, such as the Title IX Summit!
FLAG is charged with:
- serving as liaisons between students and the Office of Title IX
- providing recommendations to the Title IX Office on a range of issues, such as campus culture, training and educational programming, and processes concerns
- identifying emerging issues related to sexual harassment, sexual violence, and relationship violence
APPLICATIONS are DUE Friday, April 16th 2021 by 11:59pm EST
Membership is open to undergraduate and graduate students!