No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any educational programs or activity receiving federal financial assistance. – From the preamble to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972.
If you are in immediate danger or need to seek medical assistance call 911 or BGSU Police at 419-372-2346.
Talking Title IX
Join BGSU’s Title IX Coordinator, Lakeshia Dowlen, as she reviews both the federal and institutional updates on Title IX and BGSU’s Title IX policies and procedures.
Please note the following:
- Sessions of this event will be held virtually. Session registration is required
- Sessions of this event has a capacity of 50 participants on a first-come first-served basis
- CONTENT WARNING: Sessions of this event will contain topics that may be triggering to those that have experienced sexual violence. Please feel free to modify your participation as needed
- Sessions of this event are NOT to be used for reporting incidents described as sexual harassment or sexual assault. Please use BGSU’s reporting form, "See It. Hear It. Report It." or contact the Title IX Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Thursday, September 10th 2020||12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Click to Register|
|Friday, September 25th 2020||3:00 PM - 4:00 PM||CANCELLED|
|Friday, October 9th 2020||11:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Click to Register|
|Thursday, October 22nd 2020||12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Click to Register|
|Wednesday, November 4th 2020||10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||Click to Register|
|Friday, November 20th 2020||12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Click to Register|
Check It Out!
Join the BGSU Office of Title IX's Front-Line Advisory Group (FLAG)! Funneled through the Office of Title IX, FLAG is a student group (undergraduate and graduate) ensuring BGSU students are at the forefront of policies and decisions made within the Office of Title IX.
Members of FLAG are charged with:
- serving as liaisons between students and the Office of Title IX
- providing recommendations to the Title IX Office on a range of issues, such as campus culture, training and educational programming, and processes concerns
- identifying emerging issues related to sexual harassment, sexual violence, and relationship violence
If you are interested in joining, please register here! Applications are due Friday, October 16th 2020 by 11:59pm.
To express any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact the Graduate Assistant within the Office of Title IX, Breion Hawkins via email at email@example.com