Professor of Psychology
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
B.A., M.A., Nanjing University,P.R. China: M.S., Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 1998
Phone: (419) 372-2462
Office: Psychology Building 244
Taking Graduate Students: Yes
Sponsoring Undergraduate Research: Yes
- Ageing, Numeracy, and Decision-Making
- Emotion, Emotion Regulation, and Health Outcomes
- Happiness and Psychological Well-Being across Lifespan
- Stress and Coping in Workplace
Chen, Y., Wang, J., Kirk, R. M., Pethtel, O., & Kiefner, A. E. (2014). Age differences in adaptive decision making: The role of numeracy. Educational Gerontology, 40, 825-833.
Pethtel, O., & Chen, Y. (2014). Life regrets and life satisfaction in mature adults. The Journal of Happiness and Well-Being, 2, 63-74.
Chen, Y., Lee, Y., Pethtel, O., Gutowitz, M. S., & Kirk, R. M. (2012). Age differences in goal concordance, time use, and well-being. Educational Gerontology, 38, 342-352.
Chen, Y., Ma, X., & Pethtel, O. (2011). Age differences in tradeoff decisions: Older adults prefer choice deferral. Psychology and Aging, 26, 269-273.
Pethtel, O., & Chen, Y. (2010). Cross-cultural aging in cognitive and affective components of subjective well-being. Psychology and Aging, 25, 725-729.
Chen, Y., & Ma, X. (2009). Age differences in risky decisions: The role of anticipated emotions. Educational Gerontology, 35,575-586.
Courses Frequently Taught:
- PSYC 3090. Psychology of Adult Development and Aging
- PSYC 3100. Lifespan Developmental Psychology
- PSYC 7360. Psychology of Adult Development and Aging
- PSYC 7930. Developmental Forum