HOWARD CASEY CROMWELL
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Ph.D., University of Michigan; Behavioral Neuroscience
M.A., University of Michigan; Behavioral Neuroscience
B.A., DePauw University; Biology & Psychology
Phone: (419) 372-9408
Office: Room 348,Psychology Building
Personal Page: More details about Dr. HC Cromwell
- Brain mechanisms of reward and motivation
- Physiology of attention and neural inhibition
- Neurophysiology of the basal ganglia system
- Neuroscience of social behavior and communication
Taking Grad Students? Yes
Sponsoring Undergraduate Research? Yes
Effects of striatal lesions on components of choice: Reward discrimination, preference, and relative valuation. Behav Brain Res. 2016 Dec 15;315:130-40. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2016.08.031. Epub 2016 Aug 17.
Fractionating choice: A study on reward discrimination, preference, and relative valuation in the rat (Rattus norvegicus). J Comp Psychol. 2016 May;130(2):174-86. doi: 10.1037/com0000034
Emotion and relative reward processing: An investigation on instrumental successive negative contrast and ultrasonic vocalizations in the rat.Binkley KA, Webber ES, Powers DD, Cromwell HC.Behav Processes. 2014 Sep;107:167-74. doi: 10.1016/j.beproc.2014.07.011.
Relative reward processing in primate striatum.Cromwell HC, Hassani OK, Schultz W. Exp Brain Res. 2005 May;162(4):520-5.
Ultrasonic vocalizations, predictability and sensorimotor gating in the rat.Webber ES, Mankin DE, McGraw JJ, Beckwith TJ, Cromwell HC. Behav Brain Res. 2013 Sep 15;253:32-41. doi: 10.1016/j.bbr.2013.07.013.
Rethinking the cognitive revolution from a neural perspective: how overuse/misuse of the term 'cognition' and the neglect of affective controls in behavioral neuroscience could be delaying progress in understanding the BrainMind. Cromwell HC, Panksepp J. Neurosci Biobehav Rev. 2011 Oct;35(9):2026-35. doi: 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2011.02.008
- PSYC 3320 Neuroscience of Emotions and Motivation (with Laboratory) (undergraduate)
- PSYC 4400 FORENSIC NEUROSCIENCE (The brain and the law)
- PSYC 4400 Emotions and Life (undergraduate)
- PSYC 7140 Psychobiology (graduate)
- PSYC 7810 Current Topics in Affective and Motivational Neuroscience (graduate)
- Rhythms of the Brain: A focus on brain oscillations, chaos and psychology
- A contemporary look at the work of Dr. Jaak Panksepp
- Functional Neuroanatomy of the Basal Ganglia System