ERIC F. DUBOW
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
B.A., Columbia University
Ph.D., University of Illinois-Chicago (Clinical-Developmental Psychology)
Office: Room 239, Psychology Building
- Effects of exposure to violence across social contexts (ethnic-political, community, family and school) on children and adolescents
- Development of aggression from childhood to adulthood and across generations
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of school-based interventions to prevent problems and promote social competence
- Collaboration with community and county agencies on needs assessments and program evaluation projects
- School-Based Promotion of Coping with Stressors in Childhood
- School-Based Promotion of Coping with Traumatic Stressors in Adolescence
Taking Grad Students? Yes
Sponsoring Undergraduate Research? Yes
Bushman, B. J., Coyne, S. M., Anderson, C. A., Björkvist, K., Boxer, P., Dodge, K. A., Dubow, E., Farrington, D. P., Gentile, D. A., Huesmann, L. R., Lansford, J. E., Novaco, R., Ostrov, J. M., Underwood, M. K., Warburton, W. A., & Ybarra, M. L. (in press). Risk factors for youth violence. Aggressive Behavior.
Dubow, E. F., Huesmann, L. R., Boxer, P., Smith, C., & Sedlar, A. (in press). Aggression and criminality over three generations. In V. Eichelsheim, S. van de Weijer, & C. Bijleveld (Eds.), Intergenerational continuity of criminal and antisocial behaviour: An international overview of studies. Routledge.
Bradbury, S., Dubow, E. F. , & Domoff, S. E., & (in press). How do adolescents learn cyber-victimization coping skills? An examination of parent and peer coping socialization. Journal of Youth and Adolescence.
Saleem, M., Dubow, E., Lee, F., & Huesmann, R.L. (in press). Perceived discrimination and intergroup behaviors: The role of Muslim and American identity integration. Journal of Cross Cultural Psychology.
Phillips, R. E., Lauricella, S. M., & Dubow, E. F. (2017). Religious coping with sexual stigma in young adults with same-sex attractions. Journal of Religion and Health, 56, 1436-1449.
Dubow, E. F. (in press). Risk and protective factors. In M. H. Bornstein, The SAGE Encyclopedia of Lifespan Human Development.
Dubow, E. F., Aber, J. L., Betancourt, T. S., Cummings, E. M., & Huesmann, L. R. (2017). Conducting longitudinal, process-oriented research with conflict-affected youth: Solving the inevitable challenges. Development and Psychopathology, 29, 85-92.
Huesmann, L. R., Dubow, E. F., Boxer, L. R., Landau, S., Gvirsman, S., & Shikaki, K. (2017). Children’s exposure to violent political conflict stimulates their subsequent aggression at peers by increasing their emotional distress and normative beliefs favoring aggression. Development and Psychopathology, 29, 39-50.
Dubow, E. F., Huesmann, L. R., Boxer, P., & Smith, C. (2016). Childhood and adolescent risk and protective factors for violence in adulthood. Journal of Criminal Justice, 45, 26-31.
Niwa, E. Y., Boxer, P., Dubow, E. F., Huesmann, L. R., Landau, S., Shikaki, K., & Dvir Gvirsman, S. (2016). Growing up amid ethno-political conflict: Aggression and emotional desensitization promote hostility to ethnic out-groups. Child Development, 87, 1479-1492.
Lister-Landman, K., Domoff, S., & Dubow, E. F. (2016). The role of compulsive texting in adolescents' academic functioning. Psychology of Popular Media Culture.
For a complete list of publications:
- PSYC 7090: Advanced Clinical Research and Practice (Preventive Interventions)
- PSYC 7810: Clinical Symposium
- PSYC 1010: General Psychology