Students pursuing the Bachelor of Liberal Studies degree options must complete an application for admission into the program in addition to their application for admission to Bowling Green State University.
To apply for the BLS degree program the student must have:
- Completed a minimum of 30 semester hours.
- Have a minimum of 12 semester hours of course work to complete after acceptance into the BLS program.
- Submit a personal essay of 2 to 3 pages with articulated correlation between the student's long-term and short-term goals and educational path
The BLS Degree Program Application for admission must be submitted anytime before the first 14 days of the semester in which the last 12 hours are begun. No more than 27 hours within any one department/school in the College of Arts & Sciences can be credited toward graduation requirements.
For students to be eligible to graduate in the BLS degree program, they must have:
- Completed the requirements set forth in section one above and admitted into the BLS program;
- Satisfactorily completed a minimum of 122 hours with a 2.0 GPA;
- Completed a minimum of 40 semester hours at the 3000/4000 levels;
- Completed the University's BG Perspective Core Curriculum (as listed in the Undergraduate Catalog);
- Completed 100 hours of course work within the College of Arts and Sciences;
- A maximum of 27 hours in any one discipline as part of the 100 hours of Arts and Sciences coursework.
Updated: 05/31/2020 05:39PM