Activities in the Finding Your Voice Learning Community will empower you to turn values into action and to transform your communities for the better.
As a student in this community, you will participate in intensive activities throughout the academic year.
- Spring Session Campus Engagement – During the Spring 2019 semester, we will partner with existing initiatives related to diversity and social justice on campus. These initiatives include the Black and Latinx Issues Conferences, the Women of Color Leadership Summit, and workshops organized by the Institute for the Study of Culture and Society.
- Spring Social Justice Day Trip - During the Spring semester, we will take a field trip to a nearby city to learn more about social justice.
Examples of past activities:
- Labor Day Weekend Field Trip to Detroit - You will join our current students and faculty on a trip exploring Detroit’s social justice and civil rights history and learn from activists working in the city now. Lunch in Detroit will be provided.
- Social Justice Dinners - We will meet with local leaders including community activists, university administrators, and faculty. You will learn about what’s going on campus and in town, where you can find resources, and how others have found ways to activate social change.
- Social Justice Boot Camp - Are you passionate about making the world a better place but not sure what “social justice” is? No worries. You’ll participate in an intensive boot camp (the Social Justice Institute at BGSU) led by a social justice leaders to help you learn more.
- And more!