- Neurobiology of Spatial Memory and Animal Navigation
- Migration and Homing
- Comparative Neuroanatomy
Taking Grad Students? Yes
Sponsoring Undergraduate Research? Yes
Bingman, V.P., Hough II, G.E., Kahn, M.C. and Siegel, J.J. (2003).
The homing pigeon hippocampus and space: In search of adaptive
specialization Brain, Behavior and Evolution 62:
Bingman, V.P., Gagliardo, A., Hough II, G.E., Ioalè, P., Kahn, M.C. and Siegel, J.J. (2005) The avian hippocampus, homing in pigeons and the memory representation of large-scale space. Integrative and Comparative Biology 45: 555-564.
Bingman, V.P. and Cheng, K. (2005). Mechanisms of animal global navigation: Comparative perspectives and enduring challenges. Ethology, Ecology & Evolution 17: 295-318.
Bingman, V.P. and Sharp, P.E. (2006). Neuronal implementation of hippocampal-mediated spatial behavior: A comparative-evolutionary perspective. Behavioral and Cognitive Neuroscience Reviews 5: 80-91.
Bingman, V. P., Jechura, T., & Kahn, M.C. (2006). Behavioral and neural mechanisms of homing and migration in birds. In M.F. Brown and R.G. Cook (Eds.), Animal Spatial Cognition: Comparative, Neural, and Computational Approaches. [On-line]. Available: www.pigeon.psy.tufts.edu/asc/bingman/
- PSYC 333. Cognitive Neuroscience (undergraduate)
- PSYC 334: Behavioral and Neural Genetics (undergraduate)
- PSYC 440: Psychology of Space and Time (undergraduate)
- BIOL 4770: Ornithology (undergraduate & graduate)
- PSYC 710. Basic Neuroscience and Cognition (graduate)