Steps After Admission -
Congratulations on your admission to Bowling Green State University! Now that you are BGSU-bound, you have a few items on your to-do list to ensure you have a smooth transition to your home away from home. Keep checking your email, though, as your specific next steps will be emailed. We can’t wait for you to join the flock, Future Falcon! #BGBound
Make it official!
Create your MyBGSU/email account
- Your MyBGSU/email account is used for selecting housing and orientation reservations, among other things. Be sure to check it regularly. Information will be released via email as applications and dates open.
Apply for aid
- Get in touch with financial aid and scholarships and file your FAFSA. You can also explore the Searchable Scholarship Guide.
Understand the costs
- Learn about your upcoming tuition costs and other fees.
Learn about orientation
- If you haven’t already, check out upcoming orientation dates. Class schedules and advising are tied to orientation for incoming first-year students. Submit your official transcripts showing final grades as well as any college credit and AP scores.
Check out housing
- Become acquainted with the process of selecting your on-campus housing. Take a virtual tour of rooms in our residence halls.
Other things to explore
Learn about Life Design
You will work with the Life Design team to develop a personalized experience that helps you graduate, launch a successful career and connect with a network of 200,000+ Falcon alumni, professionals and organizations around the world.
Paying for classes
Review the catalog and tuition rate information. Bills are loaded into MyBGSU shortly before start of each semester.
The Dean of Students is here to help you achieve academic success. The Office of the Dean of Students offers mentoring programs, review sessions, tutoring, workshops and much more.
Information Technology Services (ITS) team is your go-to resource for campus technology questions.
There’s no shortage of activities outside the classroom with more than 400 student organizations such as academics, cultural and social groups, Greek life and club sports. Did you know that Falcon Marching Band is our largest student organization?
Parking and getting around
Parking Services provides resources for students to get around campus and beyond. Learn about parking permits, the BGSU Shuttle Service and more.
From personalized career advising to career fairs and everything in between, the Kuhlin Hub for Career Design and Connections is ready to help assist you as you prepare for your future.
Our admission staff is here to answer your questions. Contact us or meet with an admission counselor. We’re here to help!
Updated: 05/10/2023 04:55PM