Transfer of Credits

At BGSU we understand the importance of receiving credit for your previous coursework. All admitted students will receive an official transfer credit evaluation approximately two (2) weeks after admission. Before being admitted, please explore the following resources to assist you in estimating how your credits may transfer.

Articulation Resources


Transferology is a free, online database that lists estimated course equivalencies for most Ohio institutions and a wide range of out-of-state institutions. If your school/course is not listed on Transferology it does not mean your credit will not transfer. It simply means an official evaluation will need to be completed by the Office of Transfer Credit Evaluation upon admission to BGSU.


Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways (OGTP)

The Ohio Guaranteed Transfer Pathways enable students to streamline credit transfer among the state's public institutions of higher education to find the best pathways to degree completion and launch successful careers.

Ohio Community & Technical College Equivalency Guides

Transfer equivalency guides are available for many Ohio Community and Technical Colleges.  These guides assist in selecting courses that align with the BG Perspective - BGSU's general education program.

Transfer Equivalency Guides

Military Credit & Prior Learning Assessments

Questions about transfer of military credit and awarding of credit for learning acquired outside a formal classroom setting should be directed to Nontraditional & Military Student Services.

Additional Assistance

If you have questions regarding transfer of credit for classes not listed on Transferology or in a transfer equivalency guide, please contact a Transfer Advisor or the Office of Transfer Credit Evaluation, 419-372-7959.