Limitations of Services
- You must be a BGSU student attending main campus classes to be eligible for the Student Legal Services, Inc. program.
- You must pay the SLS, Inc. fee each semester with your tuition.
- SLS, Inc may not represent a student in "an action against a state officer or agency arising out of the performance of the duties of the officer or agency, against a law enforcement officer arising out of the performance of the duties of the officer, against a college or university participating in the plan, against a student of such a college or university, or against a member of the board of regents or the board of trustees, faculty, or staff of such a college or university if the cause of action arises out of the performance of the duties of the member or in the course of the members employment by the college or university" (Ohio Revised Code Section 3345.022).
- Student Legal Services may provide
only limited advice in certain areas of the law. These areas of law
include but are not limited to:
- Personal injury and property damage claims
- Estate and probate matters/complex wills and return
- Business/real estate matters
- Copyrights and patents
- Non-moving traffic violations
- Other matters which may unduly monopolize program resources to the disadvantage of other students
If you seek further representation or advice, Student Legal Services, Inc. will provide referrals to attorneys in the community.