June 27 - July 1, 2022
Pre-Law Virtual Academy Application Dates
Application Opens December 1st
Early Consideration Deadline: March 1st
General Deadline: April 1st
Are you interested in law and what it takes to become a lawyer? Can you picture yourself in front of a courtroom? Then start your journey now with the BGSU’s Pre-Law Camp and experience what it is like to be a part of the legal community. At Pre-Law Camp you’ll have the chance to hear from law students, law professors, and other legal professionals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines within the field including criminal law, corporate law, and public interest law. Campers will learn about legal concepts and language, explore a law library, and test their skills in a mock trial event.
Returning campers welcome as the camp has been redesigned including all new cases for the 5th year
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Ever wonder what taking an online college course would be like, explore the BGSU Pre Law Virtual Academy and find out.
- Course led by BGSU Faculty, Pre-Law Students, and BGSU Pre-Law graduates
- Prepare for a career in law by learning the basics of the legal profession
- Challenge yourself as you take on a role in the camp's featured program: Mock Trial
- Talk with State and Federal Judges and watch a live federal proceeding
- Learn how to research cases and prepare documents as part of the mock trial
- Meet virtually with forensic experts and learn about their role within a case
- Learn about Criminal & Civil Cases, timelines and components
Special Guest Speaker to be announced!
Who can attend?
For students entering 9th-12th grade in the fall of 2022.
What does the cost cover?
- The cost of $195 dollars (camperships possible) covers the webinars, lectures, guest speakers and support for the full week, admission to our virtual tours & camp materials including a camp branded crate and BGSU Pre-Law T-Shirt.
Camp Crate & Workbook Materials
The Camp Crate will come with all materials needed for the week long program including all case studies and mock trial materials. Addtionally a supplemental workbook that includes many of the resources, worksheets, and notes from all of the guest speakers will be provided.
A Glimpse of some of the items & activities include:
- BGSU® Pre-Law T-Shirt
- Pocket Constitution
- Mock Trial Case Materials
- Additional Cases
- Activity items
*All Sessions conducted via ZOOM
8:45 - Pre Law Counselor Camp Overview & Opening Activity
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Welcome & Program Overview
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Inside the Wood County Court House
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM The Objective of Mock Trial & it’s Process
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Mock Trial - Finding and Interpreting Evidence
- Complete the application form & answers to questions
Application Dates & Deadlines
- Application opens December 1, 2021
- Early Decision Deadline: March 1st
- Applicants notified by March 15
- General Deadline: April 1st
- Applicants notified by April 15
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application anytime.
- Deposits are non-refundable
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $25.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week: June 27, 2022 Payment Due: May 18, 2022
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- Full refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs on or before May 18, 2022
- 75% refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
- 50% refund minus depost if cancelation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received 14 days or less prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.