Pre-Law Virtual Academy
Pre-Law Virtual Academy
Summer 2021 Dates TBD
Are you interested in law and what it takes to become a lawyer? Can you picture yourself in front of a courtroom? Then start your journey now with the BGSU’s Pre-Law Camp and experience what it is like to be a part of the legal community. At Pre-Law Camp you’ll have the chance to hear from law students, law professors, and other legal professionals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines within the field including criminal law, corporate law, and public interest law. Campers will learn about legal concepts and language, explore a law library, and test their skills in a mock trial event.
Returning campers welcome as the camp has been redesigned for its third year!
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Every wonder what taking an online college course would be like, explore the BGSU Pre Law Virtual Academy and find out.
- Course led by BGSU Faculty, Pre-Law Students, and BGSU Pre-Law graduates
- Prepare for a career in law by learning the basics of the legal profession
- Talk with State and Federal Judges
- Watch a live sentencing hearing
- Learn how to research cases and prepare documents
- Legal or Not: discussion of popular movies about law
- Meet virtually with forensic experts and learn about their role within a case.
- Win contests for best opening arguments, and closing arguments
- Learn about Criminal & Civial Cases, timelines and components
- Learn how to develop good questions with LEGOS, hands on activities and virtual labs
Who can attend?
For students entering 9th-12th grade in the fall of 2021 and current 2021 High School Graduates.
What does the cost cover?
- Webinar Virtual Academy & Course Kit: ($75)
- Add-On’s: T-shirt, Book bag, Water bottle ( $7.50 ea or all for $20)
How can I register?
First, complete the full online form below so that we can learn more about you and complete your $15 dollar deposit provided in the confirmation e-mail.
- Complete the application form & answers to questions
- Pay $15 Deposit
Application Cancellation Policy
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their registration at anytime by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $15.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Full payment must be received no less than 8 weeks from the first day of the program.
- Camp Week: TBD Payment Due: TBD
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive: