Pre-Law Virtual Academy
Pre-Law Virtual Academy (Virtual)
June 28 - July 2 2021 APPLY NOW
Are you interested in law and what it takes to become a lawyer? Can you picture yourself in front of a courtroom? Then start your journey now with the BGSU’s Pre-Law Camp and experience what it is like to be a part of the legal community. At Pre-Law Camp you’ll have the chance to hear from law students, law professors, and other legal professionals from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines within the field including criminal law, corporate law, and public interest law. Campers will learn about legal concepts and language, explore a law library, and test their skills in a mock trial event.
Returning campers welcome as the camp has been redesigned for its fourth year!
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Ever wonder what taking an online college course would be like, explore the BGSU Pre Law Virtual Academy and find out.
- Course led by BGSU Faculty, Pre-Law Students, and BGSU Pre-Law graduates
- Prepare for a career in law by learning the basics of the legal profession
- Participant in a Mock Trial
- Talk with State and Federal Judges
- Watch a live federal proceeding
- Learn how to research cases and prepare documents
- Dig Deeper into the movie Dark Waters Movie and learn more about the real Ohio Case
- Meet virtually with forensic experts and learn about their role within a case
- Learn about Criminal & Civil Cases, timelines and components
Who can attend?
For students entering 9th-12th grade in the fall of 2021 and current 2021 High School Graduates.
What does the cost cover?
- Webinar Virtual Academy & Course Kit: $175
- Financial Assistance Offered
- BGSU T-Shirt
- Camp Crate including case materials, activity items, program workbook, and more.
- Financial Assistance Offered
- Complete the application form & answers to questions
Application Dates & Deadlines
- Still accepting applicants
- Deadline to Apply April 30th
- Admissions is on a rolling basis
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application anytime.
- Deposits are non-refundable
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $20.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Full payment must be received no less than 8 weeks from the first day of the program.
- Camp Week: June 28, 2021 Payment Due: May 19, 2021
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- Full refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs on or before May 19, 2021
- 75% refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
- 50% refund minus depost if cancelation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received 14 days or less prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.