Marine Biology: The Life Aquatic at BGSU
Program Dates: July 16 - 21, 2023 APPLY NOW
Are you interested in how marine ecosystems work? Do you want to know more about marine animals? BGSU has one of the few marine biology and aquatic science programs in the Midwest where you can explore life at sea! This camp engages students in understanding marine ecology by working closely with the University’s extensive collection of saltwater specimens.
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Field trips to locations around Northwest Ohio to examine aquatic life and environments
- Hands on experiences and activities to practice specimen collection sampling procedures
- Design and run an experiment in our new Undergraduate Aquatic Research Lab
- Experience our Marine Lab and learn how to care for aquatic organisms
- Dissections of various aquatic and marine organisms to learn anatomy and physiology
- Behind the scenes trip of the aquarium at the Toledo Zoo
- Meet active professionals in the marine and aquatic sciences to learn what it means to be a marine/aquatic scientist
Who can attend?
- Students entering 10th through 12th grade in the fall of 2023 and must be between the ages of 14-17 for the duration of the camp program.
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $1175 covers room and board as well as coverage for counselor supervision. Additional amenities include all materials for labs and activities as well as admission costs and transportation for field trips. Camper scholarships possible.
Financial Assistance Application
- Participants of age are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 prior to the arrival of camp
- Students will self monitor and alert staff of any new symptoms prior to the start of each day.
- Any student experiencing symptoms or who becomes ill during the program must be able to leave campus the same day and may not be eligible to return circumstances depending.
- Parent/Care taker must be available to remove the camper from the program the same day as illness. BGSU Summer camps and programs will not isolate or quarantine participants other than remaining in their own housing assignment until the arrival of parent/guardian.
- Complete the online form
- Complete responses to short-answer questions
- Provide contact information for the individual(s) completing the required letter of recommendation.
Note: Answers to questions provided by anyone other than that applicant will forfiet the application
Application Cancellation Policy
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application at anytime by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 1, 2023 - To be considered for early admission. Applicants notifed by March 18
- April 15, 2023 - General Application Deadline. * Please note that all spaces may fill after selection from the early admission deadline.
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $75.00 non-refundable deposit is due 14 days after acceptance into the program.
- Camp may be paid in full at any time. If you choose to pay in installments, below is the payment scheudule.
- Please use the payment link sent in the original e-mail to complete subsequent payments
|Payment Amount||Due Date|
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Medical Authorization Form
- BGSU Medical: Permission to Dispense Medication (Used for over the counter medication, tylenol, sinus etc)
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
- Review & Complete the Covid-19 protocol awareness form
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- Full refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs on or before May 26, 2023
- 75% refund minus deposit if cancelation occurs 22 days or more to the start of camp.
- 50% refund minus depost if cancelation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Updated: 01/04/2023 08:40PM