Design for Social Good Camp
Design for Social Good
Rescheduled for 2021
Are you interested in graphic design? Are you passionate about making the world a better place? Presented by the Division of Graphic Design at BGSU, Graphic Design Camp provides high school students like you with foundational skills in graphic design and career advice for thriving in today’s collaborative work environment. BGSU’s Graphic Design Camp allows campers to get a peek into BGSU’s award-winning graphic design program.
Students will be exposed to a college design studio, the digital and physical tools designers use to make their work. This camp is an excellent introduction for those students who are eager to learn more about digital tools, project design, and visual expression. At Graphic Design Camp campers are introduced to graphic design and the design thinking process through college-style lectures and activities with BGSU graphic design professors.
What kinds of activities do campers get to do?
- Learn about the Design Thinking process
- Utilize digital and physical making tools of the industry
- Discover how design connects and informs our experiences and behaviors
- Tackle a real world problem through collaborative and individual outputs
- Apply art and design making skills to visually communicate ideas
- Develop skills in visual and verbal presentation
- Present their design project in a final showcase.
Who can attend?
Students entering 10th, 11th, & 12th grade, who are interested in using graphic design to make a difference! Anyone from eager beginner to more experienced designer is welcome.
What does the cost cover?
The camp cost of $445 (*camperships available) dollars covers all lodging, meal and program expenses. The cost also covers take home materials such as a camp book bag, water bottle and t-shirt along with camp counselor coverage (day/night) throughout the program.
How can I apply?
Just complete the full online form so that we can learn more about you. If you would like to supplement the online form, you can also write and submit an optional cover letter and/or request an optional letter of reference (submission link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor) from a teacher or employer.
This camp is a residential camp. Students are expected to stay on campus in an assigned room while participating in the camp.
- Completing the application form & answers to questions
Letter of Reference Information
- If sending a letter of reference applicants should provide the following information to the person submitting their letter for them to complete
- Letter of Reference Online Form & Submission Link: bgsu.edu/falconyouthlor
- Fully completed application
- Responses to short-answer questions
Application Cancellation Policy
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application at anytime by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Deadline for applications will be announced at a later date.
*Please note that camp may fill after selections from the first application phase. It is important to apply early.
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $75.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist.
A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Full payment must be received no less than 8 weeks from the first day of the program.
- Camp Week TBD Payment Due TBD
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Medical Authorization Form
- BGSU Medical: Permission to Dispense Medication (Used for over the counter medication, tylenol, sinus etc)
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
- A full refund, minus the deposit will be issued if cancelation is received 6 weeks prior to the start of the program
- A refund of 75% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 6 weeks but prior to 4 weeks
- A refund of 50% will be issued if cancelation occurs less than 4 weeks but prior to 2 weeks
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.