June 27 - June 29, 2022 Apply Now
Application Opens December 1, 2021
Early Consideration Deadline: March 1, 2022
BGSU’s Bachelor of Science in nursing degree prepares students for jobs as registered nurses. The program allows nurses to enter one of many care-centered specializations and find rewarding, flexible and enjoyable work. Join us at the BGSU Nurse Camp, where you will get a glimpse into the life of a nurse. Get first aid and CPR training and hear from nurses that work in the field in a variety of roles and settings. Be a nurse for the day with real-life scenarios and evaluate your nursing skills while working your way through a trauma escape room.
- First Aid Training
- Handwashing and sterile technique
- CPR training
- Guest Speakers
- Nurse Anesthetists
- Flight Nurse
- Practice Scenarios
- Escape Room
Who can attend?
For students who will be entering 9th, 10th, 11th, & 12th grade & who are excited to learn about the world of nursing.
What is the camp format?
The BGSU Nursing Camp is a 3-Day Non-Residential Program. Students will be provided a lunch and a snack and will depart campus by 5 PM
What does the cost cover?
The cost of $195 dollars (camperships possible) covers the lectures, guest speakers and support for the program.
Also included in this cost:
- BGSU Nursing Camp T-shirt
- School of Nursing Fanny Pack
- School of Nursing Responder First Aid Kit
- CPR training course & all other program materials.
- Lunch and a snack will be provided each day
Camp Covid-19 Information
Participants will be asked to assess their condition daily and to not attend the non-residential day program if they experience any illness. The camp will adhere to any BGSU Policy in place at the time of the program such as masking, social distancing. Any student who attends the program at the start of the day but then starts to feel ill will be asked to leave the program for the remainder of that day and may not be elibile to return.
How can I apply?
Complete the online form so that we can learn more about you and your interest in discovering more about the health sciences and ample careers.
Application Dates & Deadlines
- Early Decision Deadline: March 1, 2022
- First wave applicants will be notified by March 15 of acceptance
- Final Deadline to apply: April 30, 2022
- Final wave applicants will be notified by May 5, 2022
- WAITLIST APPLICANTS will be notified by May 30, 2022
- All programs, or camps within a program, may be subject to minimum enrollment and may be canceled if enrollment minimum is not met. In the event of a cancelled program all fees and registration costs will be refunded.
- Campers may withdraw their application anytime.
- Deposits are non-refundable
ACCEPTANCE & DEPOSIT
To reserve your seat in camp a $20.00 non-refundable deposit is due within 10 days of receiving your camp acceptance. Participants who do not pay the deposit by the tenth day are removed and placed on the waitlist. A deposit made after the 10th day does not guarantee a seat and must be approved.
- Camp Week: June 27, 2022 Payment Due: May 15, 2022
- *Please contact the office to request a payment plan if needed.
Forms will be collected via CampDocs. Information with a link to the site will be sent with your acceptance.
- BGSU Waiver
- BGSU Media Release
- Camp Rules & Policies
If a registration is canceled, the individual or organization making the original CAMP payment will receive:
Full refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs on or before May 15, 2021
75% refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs 21 days or more to the start of camp.
25% refund minus deposit if cancellation occurs between 14 days and 21 days to the start of camp.
No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program. Students dismissed for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund.
Updated: 04/27/2022 01:30PM