Passport Services

Passport Information and Photos 

The International Programs and Partnerships office at Bowling Green State University now offers passport services to students beginning their Education Abroad experience in addition to faculty, staff and BGSU community members!

U.S. citizens requiring a passport should not wait until the last minute; to order and process your passport can take up to 6-9 weeks. If traveling within 4 weeks we suggest going through the U.S. Department of State. Here is more information on processing times and getting a passport in a hurry.

BGSU International Programs and Partnerships (IPP) is a Passport Acceptance Facility and accepts passport applications by appointment only, on behalf of the U.S. Department of State. (301 University Hall). 

Please Call to make an Appointment

Appointments are required. To schedule your appointment, please call us at


Obtaining a First-Time Passport

At the time you arrive for your apointment, you will need to arrive with the following items for a new passport:

  • Single-Sided Completed Passport Application (DS-11 form). Do not sign it until told to do so. It needs to be witnessed by one of our staff.
  • Proof of Citizenship (birth certificate, proof of naturalization, consular report of birth abroad, or certificate of citizenship)
  • Current Identification (driver's license or government issued identification card)
  • Passport Photos 
  • Adult Passport Fee is $130 with an execution fee of $35; $60 fee to expedite the process.  Fees are subject to change.
  • Two seperate checks. One payable to US Department of state (Passport & Expedite Fees). The seccond payable to BGSU (Execution & Photo Fees).

Payment Options

You need two (2) seperate payments when applying for a Passport

Passport fee & Expedite Fee: Check or money order (made payable to U.S. Department of State)

Photos & Execution fee: Check or money order (made payable to BGSU, or other passport facility)

Getting your Photo

IPP has the ability to take and print your photos in our office located at 301 University Hall.

Passport Photos - $12 for two photos, printed on site immediately after your photo is taken. 

Passport Resources

You may also obtain your passport on your own. We encourage you to visit the U.S. Department of State web site which has complete passport information, applications and locations of passport offices. 

Passport Renewal

Check with the U.S. Department of State for specifics here.

We recommend that when you receive your new passport, make a photocopy of the page with your photo and signature and keep it separate from your passport. In the event of your passport being lost or stolen, having the information on this page handy will speed up the replacement process. Immediately report a lost or stolen passport to the U.S. consulate and U.S. officials will direct you as to what to do.

Updated: 04/15/2024 08:45AM