Current Student Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

1. I will be traveling outside the US. Do I need my I-20 signed?

You must have a valid travel signature on your I-20 to return to the U.S. after travel abroad.  

Each signature is valid for one year. (F1 students on OPT: the travel signature is valid for six months).

2. My I-20 will be expiring soon. Do I need a new I-20?

If you are unable to complete your course of study before the program end date noted on your I-20, you must request an extended I-20 before your current I-20 expires.  The following web page has the Extension of Program form.

3. I will be applying for OPT. When will I get my new I-20?

For information regarding OPT, please click here

Updated: 03/22/2023 01:25PM