Financial Aid Forms
These forms are presented in .pdf format in alphabetical order by subject and can be completed online and then printed or saved. To view a .pdf file, you need the Adobe® Reader, which can be downloaded free of charge from Adobe. Financial Aid forms and supporting documentation can be submitted by students online at sfa.bgsu.edu/upload.
Due to temporary changes from the U.S. Department of Education, we have made an adjustment to the verification process and are not requiring the same documentation. If for some reason we need a form that has been removed, SFA will contact you and send it via email.
- Child Support Information: This form is used to report all child support received and/or paid.
- Citizenship Certification Form: Confirm citizenship or eligible noncitizen status.
- Household Information Worksheet: This form is used to clarify information about the number of people in your family, the number of people in your family that are attending college, or the marital status of a family member.
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose: BGSU is required to verify your identity and obtain a signed Statement of Educational Purpose.
- Private Loan Questionnaire: This form is required of all students who have already applied for an private loan.
- Federal Direct Plus Loan Process: should be completed by parents interested in borrowing a Federal Direct PLUS Loan. Completing this Pre-Application will initiate SFA's processing of the loan. The amount of your PLUS loan is based on the cost of education less any other financial aid you receive. Students must also be enrolled at least half-time (6 credit hours). Pre-Applications received for Fall will not be processed until mid-June to ensure the credit check is valid at the time of disbursement.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Process: should be completed by a Graduate Student interested in borrowing a Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. Completing this Pre-Application will initiate SFA's processing of the loan. The amount of your Graduate PLUS loan is based on the cost of education less any other financial aid you receive. The Graduate borrower must be enrolled at least half-time (4 credit hours). Pre-applications received for Fall will not be processed until mid-June to ensure the credit check is valid at the time of disbursement.
- Conditional Discharge Request: This form must be completed by any student wishing to receive Federal Student Loans during a Total and Permanent Disability Conditional Discharge period.
- Total and Permanent Discharge Form: This form must be completed by any student wishing to receive federal student aid after discharging federal loan(s) due to total and permanent disability. Student Financial Aid (SFA) must review all discharged loans and other pending information prior to awarding any federal financial aid.
- Dependent Student Without Parental Data: Contact SFA for more information.
- Dependency Information/Appeal Application: Students classified as dependent may petition to be reclassified as independent based upon documented adverse family circumstances. If you do not meet the independent criteria as defined on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, it may be appropriate for you to file a Dependency Appeal.
- Special Consideration Application (SCAP): For students requesting a review of FAFSA information due to a change in their or their family's financial situation.
- Term Enrollment Reporting Form: Use this form to adjust the number of credit hours upon which your financial aid is based.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Appeal Form and Policy: The policy and appeal form to be completed and submitted by students who wish to appeal their denied satisfactory academic progress status.
- Scholarship Appeal Form: For scholarship recipients who wish to appeal the cancellation of their scholarship, use their scholarship for a summer semester, or use their scholarship for less than full time enrollment.
- Confirmation of Dependency Status: This form is used to help determine if parent information is required to be reported on your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This form is NOT a Dependency Appeal or a Verification Worksheet for Dependent Students. The Dependency Appeal is located under Appeal Documents. The Verification Worksheet for Dependent Students is located under Verification Documents.
- Consortium Agreement Form: For students who want to use their financial aid to enroll as transient, concurrent, or guest students at another institution.
- Federal Financial Aid Refund/Withdrawal Fact Sheet: Contains information about how withdrawing affects the student's receipt of federal financial aid.
- Statement of Selective Service Registration for Ohio-Based Financial Aid: For students with an award from the State of Ohio who have not filed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Student’s Authorization to Release Financial Account Information: Access BGSU allows students to give SFA permission to release financial information.
- Summer Aid Application: Apply for summer financial aid. Available each year from mid February through early August.