Mission & Vision
We are a department of computer science within the College of Arts and Sciences. We offer degree programs at both the Bachelor's and Master's level.
Our department strives to:
- Provide a current, comprehensive, and collaborative student-centered learning environment for computer science and professional values associated with the discipline
- Advance a client-centered environment that addresses the computing needs of students, the profession, and community at large
- Prepare students for professional careers or advanced studies in computer science
- Pursue opportunities for faculty and students to contribute to interdisciplinary efforts
- Promote the discovery, dissemination and application of computing knowledge
- Foster personal and professional growth for all students, faculty and staff
The Department of Computer Science strives to provide a rigorous intellectual environment that fosters the search for new knowledge in a highly dynamic computing-centric society through selected research and applied efforts and the growth of its students into critical thinkers and lifelong learners who can apply their knowledge and skills for the betterment of society.