Graduate Leadership Coordinator
At the present time, this position is filled for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Graduate Coordinator is directly supervised by the Coordinator for Leadership and Administration. This position assists in coordinating the various leadership efforts and programs for students offered by the Office of Residence Life including supporting the hall councils, co-advising the Resident Student Association, and the National Residence Hall Honorary and supporting administrative initiatives with the Coordinator for Leadership and Administration.
- Co-advise, and the opportunity to directly advise, the Resident Student Association (RSA) and/or National Residence Hall Honorary (NRHH)
- Implement and facilitate an advance leadership course (a one credit leadership course in the fall semester
- Directly responsible for the design and implementation of the Leaders in Residence program during the spring semester, including the advertising, registration, program design, training of facilitators, budget, and assessment
- Coordinate, implement, and provide direction in the area of leadership development for hall council members and the Resident Student Association, as well as other leadership development initiatives in the Office of Residence Life
- Serve as an Academic Success Coach for residential and residential leadership students.
- Conduct follow-up conversations with residents on academic success issues as identified by RAs during the Falcon Success and Retention Curriculum (FSRC) conversations.
- Make resources referrals to Academic Advisors, Learning Commons, Counseling Center, Bursar, Financial Aid, and other resources relevant to academic success issues.
- Talk with students about residential resources such as the Faculty Peer Mentors, Academic Peer Mentors, and Academic Resource Centers.
- Help student identify their Academic Advisor, College Offices, DARS Reporting System, Etc.
- Serve on the duty/on-call rotation
- Counsel students and respond to crisis situations that may occur in the residence halls while on duty
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with residents, families, faculty, advisors, and other constituents found on-campus
- Attend and participate in staff training sessions and meetings
- Attend and participate in staff selection sessions and meetings
- Participate on committees within Residence Life (student staff selection and training) to continue to move the Office of Residence Life toward its mission and vision
- Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Responsibilities Include
- Manage the leadership programming budgets
- Create and facilitate professional and personal development for both Resident Advisor staff and professional staff
- Instructor co-instruct the Resident Advisor class
- Present or co-present sessions during student staff trainings (Resident Advisor, Community Assistant, Academic Peer Mentor, SMART, Student Desk Manager, and/or Desk Clerk)
- Represent the Office of Residence Life at recruitment and large admissions functions
- Support Bowling Green State University and Office of Residence Life initiatives
There are many steps to the application process. To help you better understand the timeline, please review the schedule below:
||In order to receive full consideration for an invitation to Interview Days, candidates should submit a completed application by December 1. Applications completed or received after December 1 will be considered on a space-available basis. For more information on the College Student Personnel program website.
|Step 2||In January, applications are reviewed by the CSP Admissions Committee. Based on that review, the Admissions Committee members decide who will be extended an invitation to interview.|
|Step 3||Candidates are interviewed at CSP I-Days on campus.|
|Step 4||In March, selected candidates will be offered an approved internship. Once a candidate accepts an offer for an approved internship, formal admission to the CSP program is then granted.|
|Step 5||Candidates must accept by the CSP deadline. Notification letters will be sent to selected candidates.|
||Graduate Assistant training begins.|
Frequently Asked Questions
Updated: 01/12/2022 10:04AM