Summer Reading List: Dash Yost
What would summer be without a good reading list? Throughout the summer BGSU faculty, staff and students will share their picks for best summer reading. We hope you find time to read some of the selections and share your thoughts in the comments section at the bottom of the page!
WEEK 5 SELECTIONS BY
Dash Yost, '06
Alumnus, former BGSU Baseball player
I've worked for the same company, custom suit outfitter Tom James Company, since January 2007. I visit clients in their homes and offices. We have great relationships!
Being in sales and leadership, I love to read books related to the principles of success. My favorite titles offer timeless insight for becoming successful in every aspect of life. We are all influenced by our attitudes and thoughts - positive or negative - and that idea helps me to be the best person I can be. Some of my favorites include:
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
This is a must read no matter what your profession.
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Another must read!
- The Common Denominator of Success by Albert Gray
- GOALS! by Brian Tracy
- As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
- Laws of Success by Napoleon Hill
- How I Raised Myself from Failure to Success in Selling by Frank Bettger
- Take the Stairs by Rory Vaden
- And I can't forget to mention my beautiful wife, Maria (Infalvi) Yost '06, who is currently reading the What to Expect series - including What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff, and What to Expect the First Year by Heidi Murkoff - because her hands are full with our little man!
Updated: 12/02/2017 12:55AM