College of Arts and Sciences Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program consists of exceptional students who represent the College of Arts and Sciences at various recruiting events throughout the academic year. As students who are in the College of Arts and Sciences at Bowling Green State University, they are well suited to speak with prospective students regarding the curriculum, courses, activities, and organizations within the college.
Our mission is to spread awareness about the various opportunities Bowling Green State University and the College of Arts and Sciences have to offer by being an academic leader and welcoming personality for prospective and current students.
Interested in becoming a Student Ambassador?
- Develop expanded knowledge of BGSU College of Arts and Sciences, and effectively communicate those values to those in and around the BGSU community.
- Possess a willingness to work collaboratively in problem solving and decision-making to attain group goals and objectives.
- Attend at least one of the offered Student Ambassador training sessions for the academic year, which will further explain requirements.
- Attend meetings as they are posted. Students in class or at work are excused. Any questions you may have, can be directed through email.
- Meet with prospective students who are interested in a major in the College of Arts and Sciences. This may be done in person or virtually throughout the academic year.
- Represent the College of Arts and Sciences as a Student Ambassador at recruitment events including Bowling Green State University Preview Day, STEMS Day, President’s Day, Falcon Fridays, Junior Visit Day, etc. Each Student Ambassador will be required to participate in a minimum of 2 official recruitment activities each academic year.
- Work with diverse populations and provide tips on being a successful student.
- Organize and program events for current students within the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Student Ambassadors must be pursuing or have pursued a degree within the College of Arts and Sciences at Bowling Green State University.
- Typically have completed at least 9 credits within the College of Arts and Sciences. However, exceptions may be considered.
- Leaders must be willing to fulfill their role responsibilities (see above).
- Accumulate and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above.
- Leadership, initiation, dependability, discipline, enthusiasm and willingness to grow, both personally and professionally, are essential aspects ambassadors will strive to achieve.
- Value the mission of an arts and sciences education, as it aims to equip students with deep knowledge over a range of subjects.
- Well-rounded, flexible thinkers who demonstrate a wide range of transferable skills and intellectual creativity.
- Demonstrate strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Student Ambassadors will play a pivotal role in promoting the College of Arts and Sciences to prospective students and their families, which will further expand their interpersonal, leadership and professional skills.
- Leaders will have the opportunity to share personal college search experience with high school and adult students, who are anxious to hear “what it’s like” to be a BGSU student.
- Student Ambassadors will have the opportunity to share their experiences within the College and the University with potential and current students and explain how these experiences have impacted them.
- The program encourages Student Ambassadors to express their experiences and ideas with the College of Arts and Sciences and to incorporate their own ideas into the student ambassador program.
- Current students within the College of Arts and Sciences will see the Student Ambassadors as leaders, who will organize and program events to better serve the BG community and less fortunate.
- Cultivate an invaluable résumé-building experience.
- Student Ambassadors will be recognized with their names listed on the College of Arts and Sciences website.
- Enjoy professional attire, official college name tag, etc.
- Receive a Certificate of Appreciation signed by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences at the end of the service period.
More information coming soon.
Updated: 02/13/2023 10:48AM