The Print lab provides fine art printing and scanning services to all current students and faculty at BGSU. The Media Center also has equipment available for all BGSU students and faculty currently enrolled in a School of Art class. Among the equipment we have available to check out are DSLR Cameras, video cameras, projectors, and more.
Due to remote teaching and Covid-related health measures, the Media Center will be operating with significant changes this year.
RESERVE EQUIPMENT at least one day in advance.
PICK UP/DROP OFF EQUIPMENT during open hours only (see below). Your equipment will be prepared before your arrival, and put on a labeled cart, to maintain distance with MC employees.
Masks are required, and only one customer will be allowed into the MC at a time. While waiting in the hall, please maintain social distance using the marks on the floor.
Returned equipment will be left quarantined for 72 hours, to reduce the possibility of contagion. In order to allow for this additional time, and for time to prepare each order, hours will be limited.
- Monday: 8:30-1:00pm, 2:00-7:00
- Tuesday: 8:30 - 11:00am, 2:00-7:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30-1:00pm, 2:00-4:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30-1:00pm, 2:00-7:00
- Friday: 12:00pm-2:00pm
(Closed over Summer, Winter & January Terms)
(Hours will vary during Exam Week. Please call for details.)
A few more notes:
· If you will need specific equipment for your classes, please contact us ASAP to make those arrangements.
· Our employees will be busy prepping equipment and doing other necessary work while the Media Center is closed. If you see someone working in there, but the doors are locked, please wait until regular open hours.
· Our employees will wear masks at all times, and will wear gloves when handling equipment.
· Plexiglas barriers are in place on the customer service counters, and hand sanitizer will be available.
· All public surfaces will be regularly disinfected.
Location: 1026 Fine Arts Building at BGSU, across from the Bryan Gallery.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 419-372-1077
Aimed directly at producing superior photographic prints and reproductions of fine art, our 44" wide EPSON Stylus® Pro 9900 printers were designed in collaboration with some of the world's best-known photographers and artists. Eleven EPSON HDR UltraChrome™ inks are used to produce the widest range of colors, lights and blacks, at a resolution of 2,880 x 1,440 dpi.
Luster Photo Pro (LPP) is a gloss paper for professional quality digital photos and images.
Hannemuhle Photo Rag (HPR) is bright white, with a smooth velvet finish.
Hannemuhle German Etching (HGE) is a warm white, with a pebbled texture similar to watercolor paper.
Print lab staff are digital arts graduate and undergraduate students who have received additional training to get the best performance from our high-end equipment.
Your print files are reviewed prior to printing, to ensure maximum print quality. You will be contacted if any changes need to be made to your file.
All prints receive the white glove treatment -- literally -- while they are in our lab.
We charge only what’s needed to cover our costs, at a tremendous savings to our customers. In comparison to the same quality prints offered on the web or elsewhere, using the same paper and printers, you can easily pay twice as much. Purchases must be paid using your BG1 Card (transfer money on MyBGSU).
Updated: 10/13/2021 12:57PM