Organization Development | Master's | Hybrid
The Executive Master of Organization Development (EMOD) program prepares graduates for leadership positions in a variety of industries including business, education, health and human services and technology.
BGSU’s nationally-recognized and accredited program has been developed for working professionals to earn their master’s degree while maintaining a full-time job, with online and weekend courses. Students work with a cohort of other business leaders including managers, directors, consultants and human resource professionals from the public, private, non-profit and academic sectors providing unique networking opportunities.
Advance your career
Students gain valuable skills to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of employees and organizations; diagnose organizational issues; set goals and plan strategically; and build strategic organizations.
Our graduates have accepted leadership positions in education, healthcare, oil refining companies, job coaching, technology and startups.
Stand Out in courses like
- Technologies for Collaboration and Change
- Leading for Organizational Success
- Enhancing Individual & Group Effectiveness
- Engaging Whole Systems for Change
- Exploring International Organization Development
Students can earn a master’s degree in as few as 18 MONTHS
The EMOD program is designed to be completed in 18-months and provides a flexible, blended format for working professionals to maintain their work and personal responsibilities. Students complete coursework online throughout the semester and meet in-person with faculty and their cohort three weekends each term. Students take two classes each semester.
Applicants must have earned a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and have a minimum of three years of full-time management or professional experience. An academic background in business is not a requirement. The program particularly seeks individuals with diverse educational backgrounds and career patterns.
Applicants must submit an online application form, and a letter of recommendation, preferably from the applicant’s current employer. All applicants must also submit a current resume and one copy of transcripts from all colleges or universities they have attended. They must also submit a Statement of Academic Purpose that addresses their reasons for selecting BGSU, expectations of the role of the EMOD program in achieving their objectives and their ability to contribute to the program.
* Job placement and salary information was compiled by the Office of Academic Assessment through the Graduation Survey from AY2015-2018. The data are gathered around the time of Commencement and a follow-up survey six months post Commencement. For the salary question, data for programs with fewer than fifteen responses are not included. Salaries for those programs are from the National Association of Colleges and Employers Summer 2019 Survey. For questions regarding the data, contact email@example.com.