We’re excited to have you join us for University Orientation. Participation is required, as it is a vital part of the start to your successful college journey. Throughout the program you’ll learn more about the BGSU community, academic and co-curricular expectations and opportunities to shape your experience.
Virtual orientation will begin online at 9 a.m. EDT through Zoom sessions that you will access through Canvas. There will be a variety of sessions, opportunities to connect with staff and Orientation Leaders, and time to get your questions answered. There will be plenty of breaks throughout the day. You should expect your day to conclude around 2 p.m. EDT.
Setup & Login
Your Virtual New Student Orientation will begin at 9 a.m. EDT. Please log in 15 minutes early to ensure you have a good connection before the day begins.
Before the day of orientation:
- Make sure your computer is up to date. You don't want unexpected updates to slow you down.
- Test and make sure you can log in to the following BGSU accounts. If you have an issue, please contact ITS for support.
- Download Zoom and create an account. It is also important to make sure your device has the most up-to-date version of Zoom downloaded if you already have an account set up.
- Family & Guests: If your student will be using your Zoom account, please make sure your account name is updated with your student's name before orientation begins.
- Review the schedule so you are prepared for orientation.
Helpful tip: We recommend using a desktop computer or laptop to attend virtual orientation to ensure the best experience. If you are using a laptop with unreliable WiFi, we recommend plugging your laptop directly into your internet using an ethernet cable to ensure the fastest and most reliable connection.
Day of orientation:
*Times and sessions are subject to change.
- 9-9:15 a.m. | Log in and make sure your computer is set up and ready for orientation to begin.
- 9:15-9:30 a.m. | Welcome Session
- 9:30-10 a.m. | Designing Your BGSU Experience
- 10-10:15 a.m. | Break
- 10:15-10:30 a.m. | Student Housing / Commuter Session
- 10:30-11 a.m. | Find Your Flock
- 11-11:15 a.m. | Break
- 11:15 a.m.-Noon | Community of Care & Final Remarks
- Noon-2 p.m. | Afternoon Programming
This session is for students in the Flight Technology and Operations specialization within the Aviation Program. This presentation will cover lab fees, pilot supplies, flight scheduling, FAA medicals and required documentation. Aviation program staff will be available after to answer questions.
Individual Q&A for Financial Aid and Billing
Students and family members can meet individually with staff from Student Financial Aid and the Office of the Bursar to discuss financial aid, scholarships, fees, tuition and payment options.
Recipients of the Thompson Working Families Scholarship Program - Welcome to the Thompson Scholarship Family!
We invite you to meet some of our staff and other Thompson Family Scholars that you will be working and interacting with next year. Learn more about our scholarships program and the support available, including our required early move-in program/orientation, and ask questions you still have, so you feel the most prepared for your journey ahead as a BGSU Thompson Family Scholar. This is an open house, so swing by when you have some time and feel free to bring your guests. We can't wait to meet you!
Updated: 02/06/2024 12:08PM