Guidelines for Serving Baked Goods
The following recommendations are provided by Environmental Health and Safety for the serving and/or selling of baked goods (nonperishable). Such items include, but are not limited to: cookies, brownies, pastries (non-cream or custard filled), date bars, and rice crispy treats.
Baked goods such as cream pies or cream-filled pastries are considered perishable and would not be approved as a part of a bake sale proposal by a student organization.
Recommend Bake Sale Protocol:
- Cover all food to be served/sold
- Label all packaged food items with a the name of the product and a listing of the main ingredients
- Store food, cups, napkins, etc. off the floor or ground
- Use clean dispensing utensils (tongs, napkin) to dispense food or have all food items individually wrapped
- Avoid the use of extension cords
- Provide a container for trash
- Clean all spills and remove debris as necessary
- Properly clean area after sale
If food is to be prepared by individuals within the sponsoring group, it is strongly recommended that a list be developed which identifies the individual who prepared a particular food item.
For questions pertaining to this policy, please contact BGSU Dining at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-372-2891.
Updated: 01/16/2018 03:13PM