Dr. Angélica Vázquez-Ortega
- Position: Assistant Professor
- Phone: 419-372-9385
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Room 181, Overman Hall
Education & Experience:
Assistant Professor, School of Earth, Environment and Society, Bowling Green State University [08/2017 - present]
Post-doctoral Researcher, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences, University of Notre Dame [01/2015 - 05/2017]
Post-doctoral Researcher, Department of Soil, Water and Environmental Sciences, University of Arizona [08/2013 - 12/2014]
Ph.D., Soil, Water and Environmental Sciences (Specialization: Geochemistry), University of Arizona 
M.S., Soil, Water and Environmental Sciences, University of Arizona 
B.S., Environmental Sciences, University of Puerto Rico 
Specialty Areas of Interest:
Environmental Science, Soil and Water Chemistry, Geochemistry, Biogeochemistry, Geomicrobiology
- Determining the nutrient and carbon distribution in agricultural soils subjected to different best management practices.
- Determining the parameters that enhance or reduce phosphate removal from agriculture tile drainage employing edge-of-field practices (e.g., Fe-oxide filters).
- Identifying the effects of lake sediments on crop yield, organic and inorganic contaminant bioaccumulation in grains, soil health, and nutrient export into waterways.
Research opportunities exist in Dr. Vázquez-Ortega’s group for highly motivated undergraduate and graduate students who are interested in pursuing a B.S. (Geology: Environmental Science), M.S. (Geology) or Ph.D. (through Biology department) degree. Financial support such as teaching and research assistantships will be available for top candidates. For more information, please contact Dr. Vázquez-Ortega.
Updated: 09/09/2022 11:38AM