Lt Colonel Amy R. Grant
LIEUTENANT COLONEL AMY R. GRANT
Lieutenant Colonel Amy Grant is Commander, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 620 headquartered at Bowling Green State University, Ohio. The Detachment trains and develops cadets to commission as Air Force officers who are ready to lead Airmen and meet our Nation's security challenges. The Detachment trains cadets from Bowling Green State University, University of Toledo, Ohio Northern University, University of Findlay, Heidlberg University, Tiffin University, and Lourdes University.
Lieutenant Colonel Grant received her commission in 2003 through Officer Training School, earning Distinguished Graduate honors during the 12-week program. Following OTS, she attended Minuteman III ICBM Initial Qualification Training at Vandenberg Air Force Base, California and was subsequently assigned to Minot Air Force Base, North Dakota. There she served in various roles from Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander to Missile Combat Crew Commander with instructor certification, culminating as Executive Officer to the 91st Operations Group and 91st Missile Wing Commanders.
In 2009, Lieutenant Colonel Grant was assigned as an ICBM Operational Test and Evaluation officer and Flight Commander at the 576th Flight Test Squadron and in 2012 she deployed to the Headquarters United Nations Peacekeeping Mission in Liberia where she worked as the assistant to the military Chief of Staff. In 2013, Lieutenant Colonel Grant was assigned to the Headquarters, United States Air Force where she developed guidance for the nuclear and missile operations career field, collaborated on USAF-wide force development and ICBM professional development efforts, and served as a legislative liaison between the Secretary of the Air Force and the United States Congress.
Prior to her current position, Lt Col Grant served as Director of Operations in the the 320th Missile Squadron and 319th Missile Squadron and was most recently Commander of the 321st Missile Squadron, 90th Operations Group, 90th Missile Wing, F. E. Warren AFB, Wyoming.
2003 Bachelor of Science degree in Special Education, Lock Haven University of PA
2007 Master’s Degree in Education & Leadership, Touro International University
2008 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2012 Air Command and Staff College (non-residence), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Graduate Certificate in Nuclear Weapons Effects, Policy & Proliferation, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright Patterson AFB, OH
2017 Air Force Fellow, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy, Washington, D.C.
1. January 2003 – April 2003, Officer Training School, Maxwell, AFB AL
2. April 2003 – December 2003, ICBM Initial Qualification Training, Vandenberg AFB, CA
3. December 2003 – December 2004, DMCCC, 740th Missile Squadron, Minot AFB ND
4. January 2005 – May 2006, DMCCC Instructor, 91st Operations Support Squadron, Minot AFB ND
5. May 2006 – December 2006, MCCC, 740th Missile Squadron, Minot AFB ND
6. December 2006 – December 2007, MCCC Instructor, 91st Operations Support Squadron, Minot AFB ND
7. December 2007 – May 2009, Executive Officer, 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB ND
8. May 2009 – May 2013, 576th Flight Test Squadron, Vandenberg AFB CA.
9. June 2013 – April 2015, Assistant Chief of Staff, Strategic Deterrence & Nuclear Integration (AF/A10), Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington D.C.
10. April 2015 – June 2016, Legislative Liaison, Office of the Secretary of the Air Force (SAF/LL), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2016 – May 2017, Air Force Fellow, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2017 – May 2018, Director of Operations, 320th Missile Squadron, F. E. Warren AFB WY
13. June 2018 – June 2019, Director of Operations, 319th Missile Squadron, F. E. Warren AFB WY
14. June 2019 – May 2021, Commander, 321st Missile Squadron, F. E. Warren AFB WY
15. June 2021 – Present, Commander and Department Chair, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment 620, Bowling Green State University, Ohio.
Career Field Information
Master Missile Badge with Operations Designator Minuteman III Weapon System (REACT)
Major Awards and Decorations
Meritorious Service Medal
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal
General Samuel C. Phillips Award, AFGSC’s “Best Missile Operations Squadron”
Effective Dates of Promotion
Second Lieutenant 4 April 2003
First Lieutenant 4 April 2005
Captain 4 April 2007
Major 1 March 2013
Lieutenant Colonel 1 January 2018
(Current as of June 2021)