Upon completion of a Bachelor or Arts or Bachelor of Arts in Communication degree, students in Media Production and Studies are expected to:
- Comprehend and analyze the historical, cultural, political and economic contexts that shape the operation of electronic media systems (broadcasting, telephony, Internet, digital media);
- Critically analyze the social, cultural and psychological effects and implications of electronic media systems from a variety of theoretical and policy perspectives
- Comprehend and apply the key social science research methods used in researching the role of electronically mediated communication processes
- Formulate and effectively communicate ideas in oral, written and visual contexts;
- Comprehend and apply the various production, performance and writing techniques that are integral to the realization of effective media texts.