MARIE S. TISAK
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
A.B., University of California at Berkeley;
M.S., Ph.D., Stanford University, 1984
Phone: (419) 372-2273
Office: Room 359, Psychology Building
Taking Graduate Students:? No
Development of moral and social reasoning, especially regarding prosocial and aggressive behaviors
Reasoning about authority and peer relations
The interrelationship between social thinking and social behavior among youth offenders
- Caprara, G. V.,Tisak, M. S., Alessandri, G., Fontaine, R. G., Fida, R., & Paciello, M. (2014).The contribution of moral disengagement in mediating individual tendencies toward aggression and violence. Developmental Psychology, 50, 71-85 (Invited Manuscript for special issue on Moral Development).
- Fontaine, R. G., Fida, R., Paciello, M., Tisak, M. S., & Caprara, G. V. (2014). The mediating role of moral disengagement in the developmental course from peer rejection to adolescence to crime in early adulthood. Psychology,Crime,and Law, 20, 1-19.
- Caprara, G.V., Alessandri, G., Tisak, M. S., Gerbino, M., Paciello, M., Caprara, M. G., & Fontaine, R.G. (2014). Individual differences in personality conducive to engagement in aggression and violence. European Journal of Personality, 27, 290-303.
- Tisak, M. S., Tisak, J., & Laurene, K. R. (2012). Children’s judgments of social interactive behaviors with peers: The influence of age and gender. Social Psychology of Education: An International Journal, 15, 555-570.
- PSYC 3030. Psychology of Child Development
- PSYC 3040. Psychology of Adolescent Development
- PSYC 3040H. Psychology of Adolescent Development Honors
- PSYC 4600. Introduction to Psychology Testing
- PSYC 7350. Social and Personality Development
- PSYC 7800. Special Topics in Developmental Psychology