Respiratory Protection Program
- BGSU is required by State Law (Public Employee Risk Reduction Act) and subsequent rules to develop a Respiratory Protection Program.
- To comply with state mandates, the BGSU Respiratory Protection Program was developed with departmental involvement.
- This plan applies to University employees who are exposed to occupational dusts, fumes, mists, radionuclides, gases, and vapors. Departments that will be affected are:
- Facilities Maintenance
- The BGSU Respiratory Protection Program addresses the minimal requirements of the law, including:
- Provide employees with chemical exposure monitoring when needed.
- Provide adequate engineering and administrative control measures before providing respiratory protection at no cost to employees.
- Provide medical evaluations at no cost to employees.
- Implementation Date: Fall Semester 1997
- For additional information or questions regarding BGSU's Respiratory Protection Program, contact the Department of Environmental Health and Safety, 2-2171.