Respiratory Protection Program
- BGSU is required by State Law (Public Employee Risk Reduction
Act) and subsequent rules to develop a Respiratory
- To comply with state mandates,
the BGSU Respiratory Protection Program was developed with
- This plan applies to University
employees who are exposed to occupational dusts, fumes, mists,
radionuclides, gases, and vapors. Departments that will be affected
- Facilities Maintenance
- The BGSU Respiratory Protection
Program addresses the minimal requirements of the law,
- Provide employees with chemical exposure
monitoring when needed.
- Provide adequate engineering
and administrative control measures before providing respiratory
protection at no cost to employees.
- Provide medical
evaluations at no cost to employees.
- Implementation Date: Fall Semester 1997
- For additional
information or questions regarding BGSU's Respiratory Protection
Program, contact the Department of Environmental Health and Safety,