Dance - Art - Theatre - Film - Music - Creative Writing
Open to students of any major, the Arts Village is a residential learning community that involves exploring all aspects of the arts and sharing views with one another and faculty of various disciplines. The community keeps the creative spirit alive and well on a daily basis with on-site classes specifically geared to art students, as well as collaborative projects, activities, and social events.
- PEOPLE: A residential learning community of interdisciplinary artists, scholars, professors, students, and other dedicated individuals who value the arts.
- PLACE: Located in Kreischer Quadtrangle, below the Sundial Dining Hall. Lounge Space exclusive to Arts Village Students 24/7. Students live together in Kreischer Compton Hall.
- CLASSES: Electives in a variety of disciplines are offered in Kreischer for AV students. All students enroll in RESC 2000A, a community-based field experiences course. An additional fee is required for membership.
- MENTORING: Students have the opportunity to work intimately with knowledgeable staff, student leaders, and upperclassmen to create a network of artists.
- PROGRAMMING: Visit galleries, attend concerts, theatrical and dance productions, and listen to readings as part of our many extra and co-curricular programming. There are programs most every night, ranging from student-run programs to guest speakers.
- TRIPS: We offer study trips, often for course credit, to explore various cultures through an artistic lens. Some of the places we've visted include South Bronx, Detroit, Chigaco, Navajo Reservation and many more!